Will You Hold Me Tight and not Let Go?

-Annabeth-

Thank the gods she'd moved. San Francisco was well, terrible.
The family wasn't as bad anymore, even Helen was bearable, and Bobby and Matthew were adorable, but Octavian had been relentless.

Thus the move. To her aunt's. Aunt Natalie. She had a cousin- Magnus, but she barely saw him because he was in boarding school.

She couldn't help think about Percy. They were friends. At least, for the year that they were in the same school. Best friends in fact. And then summer camp. The last time she'd seen him.

She sighed and put in her headphones.

"And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth..."

She switched it off when she heard her Natalie calling.

"Coming!" She yelled back.

"Dig in. Got chicken burgers."

"Nice. Thank you." She murmured.

"So you'll be starting at Goode High."

"Sure." And the meal went on in silence.

When she went to her room, she thought about  the last day at the camp- the party.

The weird guy Dakota was drinking too much Kool-Aid.
Percy's friend Jason was trying to ask out  a pretty girl with chocolate-brown hair.
Gods, she had forgotten all about Jason.

He was hit by a brick. Literally.

Jason has tried to save Percy, but a brick caught him above the eye.

When the girl finally agreed, Jason, who was super excited, screamed to the entire camp,
"Dance, you guys! You look stupid just standing there."

Percy looked at Annabeth nervously and then at all the others.

She asked him exasperated, "Well?"

The Seaweed Brain stupidly said, "Um, who should I ask?"

She punched him in the gut. "Me, Seaweed Brain."

"Oh, oh right."

And they danced (Percy kept stepping on her toes) and goofed around all night. He pulled her toward the beach and kissed her.
Annabeth could feel her brain melting through her body.

And that was it. Apparently Percy had been made to go home early.

And after 4 long years, she still missed that awkward, sassy best friend- Percy.

-Percy-

Well, to sum things up, the party was well... different to say the least. Especially when some badass girls from gods know where defended him.

Till around last year, he had two bullies. And they made sure to make his life hell.
Ares and Nancy Bobofit.
Gods that girl was evil. Even worse than Ares.
She'd tormented him all his life because he once let it slip that he had an abusive step-father — Gabe.

Percy had never felt more relief than when he heard that Gabe had died in a car crash. And yes, he was drunk. But that was just a few years ago. Percy knew he had changed. He wasn't as dorky or shy anymore. But Annabeth had liked him for who he was, even back then.