I: Stay here

"eomma, would I ever see the pretty colors again?"

"Of course you would, you just need to wait"

Remembering my eomma saying those words to me made me feel that maybe, just maybe I could see the world again. But that was years ago, now i've gotten used to it. The words "I'm lost" isn't really that new to me anymore.

"Yuri?" I heard the sound of the door opening and closing then a call coming from eomma. She must've been worried since I didn't answer her call earlier.

"I'm here" I heard footsteps coming closer to me. She hugged me as I her her sigh in relief.

"Sorry, you must've been really worried" She still kept on hugging me, I felt her heartbeat as she tried to calm down.

"Don't be sorry, I'm just glad that your safe"
She removed herself from hugging my body and went to kitchen. I went back to the sofa near the window. I felt the cold smooth glass touch my warm skin. It felt nice, just being like this. Time just passed as I just sat here kept remembering the past.

"Come let's eat, I also have something very important to tell you" I led myself to the kitchen and helped eomma put our food at the dining table. I already memorized every single part of the house and how to do stuff around here. In the house being blind isn't really an issue or a burden since I know my way. We started to eat and talked about each others day.

"How's school?" This is actually an everyday question. She's afraid that I would get bullied or hurt. Maybe people would trick me or sort.

"It was fine. We studied something new for maths and it was really hard to understand" I go to a normal-special school, in which I mean I have classmates with special cases just like me and normal classmates. Some of them help me through my studies which I am really thankful for.

"No one teasing or bullying you?" here we go again with the teasing. In the past there were a few people. There were a few boys who tricked me and locked in a storage room. My mom became really furious and moved me to my new school, which is all girls. "None"

"Good ... and about the important thing that I have to tell you" there was exitement in her tone. I felt that the might be a big smile coming from her face right now. "What is it?" It must be something big, she's never been this exited before.

"Someone is will be donating her eyes for you" what!? I mean that's AMAZING, How could someone be so selfless.

"Who is she!?" I really want to meet her, she's my saviour. Everything is just too good to be true.

"She's a doctor that i've worked with before, she contacted me and told me that she would donate her eyes for you" why would she sacrifice her eyes just for me? I'm happy, really happy but isnt it a bit weird.

"Why would she do it though?" Even if she heard about me that isn't really a good enough reason.

"Shall we ask her? she wanted to meet you" I heard eomma stood up from her chair and picked up our plates and bowls. I helped her clean the table and told her that I would be washing the dishes.

"No, I'll wash the dishes. You go and get dressed, were going to the hospital" I led myself to my room and searched for clothes that I think would look presentable. I smelled the fabric and felt its soft texture touch my body as I put it on. I went back to the kitchen as I heard the eomma close the faucet. I heard her footsteps came close to me.

"Let's go" she grabbed my hand as I heard the clicking sound of the lights turning off. I clung my arms against eomma's as I felt the cold breeze. Eomma drove her car as we went to the hospital. The ride was much longer than the usual time. It took us for almost an hour to get there, good thing the blissful sound of the radio helped me with my boredom. The car stopped as I also heard its engine stop. I faced myself to eomma's side.

"The trip took longer than expected today" I could hear her soft giggle and her breath as she was thinking of what to say.

"Of course it did, this is a different hospital" a different one, why though? its not like the hospital she works at is bad.

"Why are we at a different hospital, did you ..." I was confused and afraid at the same time, eomma might have been requested to move at another hospital.

"No, I still have my job don't worry. This is her personal hospital" That means the person who'll donate her eyes must've be rich and a great doctor. We went out of the car as I kept close to eomma. She guided me to a room, I felt that there were two other people inside the room.

"Hello Yuri, I'm Doctor Choi" Her voice sounds really sweet. She welcomed me into a hug, Then she and eomma guided me to a chair beside a table.

"Welcome to our dear hospital, there are only three doctors and two nurses here me, Mr. Choi and Ms. Kim; and nurse Eunbi and Hitomi..." I guess seeing how there are only a few workers means the hospital might be small. "... Our patients are about five and most of them have mental problems ..." wait, did eomma lead me to a mental asylum? Then I heard heavy coughing at the side. "...but almost all of them need or want to stay at the hospital" I still heard the heavy coughing from the side but I tried to ignore it.

"Ahh...so may I ask why were here?" I didn't mean to sound a bit rude or anything I'm just curious.

"You'll stay in the hospital for a few months" I couldn't believe what I heard. What about my studies, eomma, and WHY!?

"I could see that your puzzled. It's just that before your operation we need to conduct some tests and I ... also want to observe you if that's ok" Eomma knew about this but she's really greatful in donating her eyes.

"Don't worry too much we'll handle everything, all you have to do is stay here. I know you'll have lots of friends. And your mom will visit you at least 3 times a week" She's right I dont have to worry, I just need to stay calm and stay here. I heard her stood up as I felt that she picked up something at the table.

"Yuri, eomma and Doctor Choi would be fixing some stuff at the other room. We will leave you here ok?" I nodded and gave her a smile as I heard the door close. On the other hand I still heard the heavy coughing from the side. I turned to when the noise was and ...

"Hello"