12: We Meet Again

Yoongi never thought he could hate something more than leaving behind his lover and their son, and yet, he did now.
The feline eyed male felt disgusted with himself for what he did to his only child. Maybe he didn't had the right to decide over his future back in the days. Even though still unborn, the infant would want to decide its own future, right? But Yoongi hadn't thought about that back then. He just wanted his son to be alive and to experience love and happiness. Jeongguk did experience both in a way, yet poisoned by the Vampire genes and his 'dead' father's DNA.

"Are you still worrying about him?" The soft voice of no one else than Hoseok cut through the silence of the dimmed bedroom, Wine purple curtains shut while the sun outside had already set. It was nine in the morning. Seokjin must have prepared breakfast by now and soon would barge into the shared bedroom of the couple. And you know what? Yoongi wasn't even in the mood to get irritated when that happened.

"I'm fine, you know I am." Yoongi answered. His voice hoarse from sleep and the crying he had done the previous night after he poisoned his own son with his venom, starting the turning process. The feline eyed hated it till no point but knew there was nothing he could do.
Twenty-two years ago did he curse both Jeongguk's and his own life, being as stupid to commit such a sin as he did. Vampires were creatures of the night, together with Werewolves and Warlocks. There were more, of course. But those three certainly were the strongest out of all the creatures of the night. And how ironic, Vampires being the respected number one.

"Is there something wrong with Jeonggukkie?" Hoseok then asked, sounding hesitant as he didn't want his boyfriend to get even more worried. Yoongi looked plain horrible, brown hair messy and uncared for, skin even paler than usual. The only thing missing were the dark bags underneath his eyes. But Vampires couldn't have those, cursed with never ending beauty and youth. Such a curse, if you asked Yoongi.
However, the feline eyed sighed in irritation and rubbed his face, eyes closed. "How would I know, when you were the one to banish me from his side." It was not a question. Yoongi was stating a fact that annoyed him. Hoseok knew, and he sighed too, feeling attacked. "I did because Seokjin hyung wanted me too," he defended himself, scoffing. "Jimin's with him, you know? The poor guy has been with him ever since you placed that border."
That earned a scoff from Yoongi in return, who now looked away from the dark coloured curtains. "He went there himself."

"He did not," Hoseok retorted, crossing his arms before his chest and raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend in annoyance. "You asked him to help Jeonggukkie through the process. We all know Jiminie's powers, Gossip Kitten."
Hoseok was well aware that his boyfriend wasn't a fan of the nickname, hence he called him that. "I'm gonna get breakfast now." Hoseok didn't wait for Yoongi to say anything back and left the room, leaving his boyfriend to think to himself.

'Gossip Kitten' was a nickname given by Hoseok when Yoongi was still new to everything. He was just found by the family and had been with them for at least two weeks. Back then, Taehyung wasn't with them yet. It had been a year since Yoongi's turn, which meant Taehyung was only ten at the time.
Yoongi hadn't known about his gifts until he saw the others using theirs. At first, he saw how Namjoon had turned into a bat. The feline eyes had believed his mind was playing tricks on him, and thus, Yoongi paid no attention and walked off.
Then- only a week after- the Vampire had run into Jimin. The male was black haired at the time. He had gone to a nearby city with Hoseok and Yoongi had gone there by himself, not knowing about them being there. He by accident witnessed Jimin hypnotising a young female who had seen Hoseok's fangs. Again, Yoongi had shrugged it off. Hypnosis was something everyone could do if they practiced, anyway.
However, the third time sure did struck him speechless. Not aware of his own gifts, not aware of anyone's gifts, Yoongi had gone outside. It had been a beautiful autumn afternoon and he loved the fact coldness didn't bother him. However, Yoongi hadn't informed anyone that he had went to the nearby forest. He wasn't aware of the panic back at the house. That was until a voice had spoken to him. Not just any voice, it was Seokjin's. Yoongi had looked around him but no one was there with him. Seokjin had spoken to him again, telling him to come back home. Yoongi did, and that is when he was told about Vampires having gifts.
It hadn't taken long until the feline eyed had discovered his, and really, he enjoyed reading others minds. That's why Hoseok had named him 'Gossip Kitten'. Because Yoongi liked using his gift on the others, and, well, looked like a cat.