10: How It All Started

Never would he forget that one specific day. The day his life turned upside down, the day his happiness crushed and made place for misery.
Min Yoongi would never forget that day. The words said and things done, it all would haunt him until the very day he would die and even then would that day still haunt him. That was just how bad the memory was.

Min Yoongi remembered receiving a letter from the hospital after coming home from a long day at work. His body had hurt and his mind was foggy, eyelids nearly falling shut due to the tiredness he felt. But Yoongi didn't complain. He never did. There was a reason for the human to work so hard, and it would always be his great motivation to work even harder and hopefully receiving a raise some day.

Yoongi hadn't thought much of the letter. He recieved them from time to time ever since his lover was taken into the hospital after falling down the stairs of the building they lived at, the fall being a risk to their unborn child. However, none of the letters had been scary. The count of numbers weren't nice of course, seeing that the Min household was rather poor, but Yoongi could take it. He was motivated by his lover and their unborn child. The male didn't remember a moment he was as happy as he was when his lover told him about the pregnancy. Her eyes had betrayed fear and her voice had been trembling. Yoongi hadn't pointed her out, just engulfed her into his hold and started crying happy tears.

So, upon opening the letter he recieved this time, Yoongi expected to see another row of numbers he would need to pay. But there weren't any. Instead of the usual letter telling him to pay for his wife's stay at the hospital, the letter in his hand invited him for a talk with her doctor. Yoongi could already feel something was up. There was a feeling in his stomach, something that didn't sit right. It scared him. But seeing the date of the invitation was only two days away, there wasn't much Yoongi could do right then.

□■□■□

"What... what do you mean?" Yoongi's voice was trembling, the male on the verge of crying. His mind couldn't comprehend what his ears had just taken in. It was just too much. The day calculated to be the birth date of their child wasn't due two weeks ahead, and that fact made whatever he was just told even worse.

"We are really sorry to have to say this, Mr. Min," The older male said, voice soft and guilt written on his face. "There's nothing we can do to save your child. The chance he will survive is, too small."

Yoongi gulped down the bump in his throat, wanting to stay strong and continue the conversation. "Can you tell me what it is that is doing this?" He had trouble staying strong. However, succeeded anyway. Yoongi knew better than to lose himself to his anger and sadness. There was no reason to yell at the doctor. The soon-to-be dad wasn't fond of violence and he would try to always keep his cool.

"Sometimes, a baby is just too weak to make it. Your child is one of those babies. I am really sorry, but we have tried everything already."

"I understand." And Yoongi did understand. He believed the hospital did what they could. But that didn't mean he would let go of the matter that easily.
A mere nod was all he could give as he left the doctor's office, wanting nothing more than to go outside and feel the cold against his cheeks.

As Yoongi made his leave, he failed to notice the black shadow of a figure following his moves with his eyes.

The cold sure did him good. The human inhaled a deep breath of the cold air and exhaled, repeating for some time until he had calmed down enough. Yoongi didn't believe his day could get any worse. How could it, if the news of their child being born dead was already bad enough? A tear escaped the male's eyes and another followed right after. He felt betrayed by his very own tears. By his very own self. Who had thought Yoongi's world would just crumble down like that? Sure, his lover would still be by his side. But the feline eyed male was aware of how emotional she would be. She would break slowly, piece by piece until there was nothing left of her sanity.
Yoongi was afraid of what was going to happen, crying silently and tilting his head to look at the bright stars illuminating the dark sky, only now realizing it had been dark ever since he stepped foot outside the hospital. The male's eyes noticed the full moon then, emitting a chuckle filled with bittersweet sadness at the memories flashing before his eyes. It had been full moon when he met her, it had been full moon when they married, it had been full moon when she told him about the pregnancy. And now, it was full moon too, when he heard about their unborn child who was not going to make it. It was ironic, really. Something as simple as the full moon being capable of giving Yoongi such feelings. Pain, sadness, happiness and anger. The feline eyed male felt all those emotions at once. That probably was fairly unhealthy, but Yoongi couldn't find it in himself to care. Not now, when his world just crumbled down.