24: A Story Untold

Too long has passed.

The wind slamming against the thin walls, the thick raindrops intruding the small, much too cold room— it was inhumane, a pure torture.

What was even worse were the robes tightly bound around his ankles and wrists to keep him down on the cold table with only a thin blanket as to keep him warm. But it did not do such, and the young man bound to the table could not stop shivering because of how cold it was. His entire body stiff as if frozen, lips parched, tongue frozen; this young man was extremely unfortunate to have been 'blessed' like this!

The room was dark. The candles at the side had long since extinguished, and with that took the little bit of warmth away.
The walls– although it was very dark– were a dirty white and the ground was nothing but dirt and stones. The table the man laid on was a wooden table one would eat dinner at. In comparison with the room, the table was quite large. But although the room was small and only held one person, it did not do anything good to the warmth.

The door to the small room opened after an undecided amount of time, two tall men dressed in white entering the room with strange equipment under their arms.
Upon seeing the men, the young man on the table nearly panicked out of fright. His already shivering body started trembling even worse and though he was stiff due to the cold, it was as if he has found motivation to try to escape again. The scrape wounds at his ankles and wrists were opened again as he pulled hard at the ropes. He wanted to scream, but he was tongue-tied, much too afraid, that he was unable to speak a word.

The two men paid him no mind and spoke about something unknown as they held up different small tubes and compared them.
Though, the young man tied to the table could guess what it was that they were talking about.

And indeed, not long after, the two men made up their mind and decided to try three of the tubes that day. They turned to the young man, filled up a syringe with the strange fluid from one of the three tubes, and neared him.

There was no way out for the young man, he could only scream out in pain and fright as the unknown fluid was forced into his body, the needle intruding the flesh on his neck. The pain was unbearable, the effects of whatever the fluid was spreading throughout his entire body, washing over his every bone and leaving him cold, his insides frozen.
The second fluid was forced into his body and the young man once again felt the pain flowing through his body; the fluid crawling to his head and his five senses became extremely sensitive, painful.
The third fluid was even more painful, and the young man pulled the robes tightly, feeling blood dripping from his skin as he pulled left and right, left and right. Then, he stilled. The fluid reached his heart and a strange calmth came over him.

In the five years that the young man has been imprisoned and experimented upon, there was not a day that he did not wish he could just die. The things he went through were horrible and too painful, too much of a horror for a human being to go through. And to the young man, death would be a given.

The young man suddenly felt so exhausted as he paid attention to how his heartbeat was slowing down. The pain faded and all that was left was the slowing heartbeat, all that was left was most likely not longer than a minute or two.
As the young man thought so, he smiled. It was a coy smile, almost unseen. But the two men saw it. And they were unsure of what to do.

I will meet you again in another lifetime. Wait for me, and I will be there for you.