29: Not Planning To Listen

"Not really. There's nothing much to explain anyway, so why bother?" Yoongi's eyes are filled with a lazy annoyance as he says this, not minding to look at the other for a second longer than is necessary. He carefully caresses the two gold wedding rings with a sweet gentleness to calm down his mind. "Mind to leave? I'm not yet done here."

"He dreamt?" Na Ki-ha ignores him, of course. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Easy: he dreamt. Jeonggukkie does that from time to time. He can see things from the past without asking for other's permission first. You're in no rights to be displeased as well, he saw her." Yoongi proceeds to walk out of the bedroom with the box in his arms after having said that and refuses to glance back. But upon hearing a humourless chuckle, he cannot help but feel the hairs on his arms stand straight, goosebumps rising. Yet he decides to walk further and moves towards the door. No way am I staying here any longer! The Vampire thinks to himself. Although Jeongguk's dream troubles his mind, Yoongi is unwilling to ask anything. Unwilling to talk to Na Ki-ha.

"You seem to know something." Na Ki-ha notices. "Come on, tell me what's wrong. Is it about Bai An-jeong? Maybe something new about your son?"

Yoongi does not appreciate the other's nose poking at his matters. Were he a human, blood would have definitely come from his eyes and palms due to how fiercely he stares at the ancestor Vampire and how strong and deep his nails are inserted into his flesh. Teeth grinding, only hugging the box to his chest brings Yoongi some comfort. "My family is none of your business." He bites. Voice low and close to blank instead of angry. "Whatever it is that I know, all you have to know is that he dreamt. Didn't you just say you saw your own memories flash by? Not enough clues yet?" Yoongi once again turns back to leave, but Na Ki-ha is unwilling to let him go that easily. "He's becoming more and more interesting. Even more so than that I've ever been. You might wanna watch out that no other Vampires find out about him."

"What do you mean?" Surprise laces Yoongi's voice as he asks, unsure of what to make of Na Ki-ha's words. Was it a warning? A warning in what sense?

"The things Jeongguk can do are not normal. Aren't you afraid that some day, he'll be able to... to... y'know? Do that?"

Silence. Yoongi needs no longer than ten seconds to understand the other's warning and he too goes completely silent. There is no need to fight, no need for hostility or caution. This is the first time Yoongi can feel that Na Ki-ha is genuinely standing on their side.
What enters the younger Vampire's bones is dread and uneasiness. Na Ki-ha is right. None of the six Vampires of the Kim nest had ever thought about it, but because Jeongguk is such a strange case, what if one day he really will be able to do that? All other Vampires would come for his life! Or maybe worse... come to take him away and make use of it themselves. No way Yoongi would allow for that to happen!

"He won't be." Quick, blank yet dreadful. "Jeongguk won't be able to do that."

"How are you so sure? His heart is not yet frozen yet he already does things no one else can do so easily."

"What you're talking about is too dangerous. It's not only that, it's also too difficult. The things he did until now are at least things others can do if they practice hard, and they must be born Vampires of at least a thousand years old! Jeongguk's heart is still unstable and he is not a real born Vampire. He won't be able to do such thing."