4: Suga

It was dark when Jeongguk finally awoke again, eyes still closed as the process took long. The youth could feel how tired his body was as it just hurt so bad. As if every muscle in his body had been tense for a long time and was forcefully calmed down. Which is what happened, literally.

It was dead silent around Jeongguk and as his senses became stronger with the second was he able to feel the soft mattress he laid on and then a nice scent reached his nose. It was a sweet scent but also a bit faint, as if it didn't really belong there. The scent of apple and cinnamon was calming and its source was so close, Jeongguk was tempted to reach around and stuff his nose into whatever it was that gave off that scent.
The dominant scent was a sweet one as well, but it was also a common one. Besides, Jeongguk loved the calming scents of winter and autumn and apple and cinnamon was just perfect.

It took the youth a little longer to realise why the smell of apple and cinnamon was even present around him. The mattress was too soft and comfortable to be his, which was an old one and had become a bit uncomfortable after years of use. Something else that made him realise he wasn't home, was the silence. Jeongguk's apartment complex was located next to a road and nearby the central train station, allowing him little to no silence.
It sure ticked him off a bit but the youth couldn't deny he didn't feel safe and comfortable. He was too tired to really care about it now anyway, and the silence and smell calmed his worry of being at the hospital down, seeing as he couldn't afford a hospital bill.

Jeongguk tensed up as the memories of what felt like last night but could be from days earlier flooded his mind, shocking him into opening his eyes and sitting upright in a second. The action made him lightheaded and a headache made its appearance. Jeongguk winced his eyes shut again, falling back into the soft mattress. He didn't mind looking around the room and in the short moment his eyes were opened was there nothing else but darkness around him anyway, so Jeongguk didn't really mind opening his eyes again if he would just see darkness.

"You finally woke up," a deep voice spoke up, sounding raspy and sluggish as if just being awoken. "How are you feeling?"
Jeongguk's nerves spiked up when he heard footsteps coming his way. The youth opened his eyes wide but there was nothing but darkness, scaring him as he was unable to observe his surroundings or the presence of the male in the room. He did notice the scent of apple and cinnamon becoming stronger, stating the fact that said scent must have come from the second presence all along.

"Hey, easy there, kid," the male said. "You're wearing a mask. Don't worry, I'll take it off." And he did, because Jeongguk was met with a dark room that was bathing in the light of the sun that shone through the thin curtains. The youth could understand why he wore a mask now. The stranger must have predicted a headache and had thought further than he could reach. Jeongguk thanked him silently in his head as his doe-eyes examined his surroundings. The smell of soap and laundry detergent even stronger now, faintly affected by the scent of apple and cinnamon coming from the stranger. Jeongguk found himself calming down as he inhaled the scent.

The room he was in wasn't unnecessarily huge but also not as small as his- and his mother's bedrooms combined. The walls were mostly white while two were painted a dark Oxford blue. The room had two windows which were covered by thin curtains in white that led sun shine through. Thicker curtains were pulled to the side, having a Stone blue colour, which didn't really look right against the darker walls.
The bed stood right across the door against the farthest wall and was a double bed made of black painted wood. The sheets where Denim blue and so where the two head pillows. The smaller pillows (which were really unnecessary to have to Jeongguk's opinion) were white. There was a large black closet on the left and a bureau with a comfortable stool on the right, which Jeongguk recognised as the spot the stranger must have been sitting for the time being. The room looked nice.