20: He Will Be With You

That connection... Jeongguk has actually almost forgotten about it. It had not bothered him for quite some time, and the last attack it brought had been before the change. How could the youth not forget, with all that was going on at the moment?

But now that he has experienced such a strange thing, how could it not bother him? How could the others around him not be curious? Jeongguk understands their curiosity– of course he does– but how can he give them any answers if he himself is just as clueless as that they are? The three remaining Vampires around him know this too, and they– after a short while of five minutes– finally quit asking questions. Jeongguk was not about to speak any more, his head no longer caring about their presence as all he could think of was his Dad.

His Dad, who left too long ago and still has not returned. His Dad who he just literally shared a body with. Jeongguk is too confused, too shocked to make sense of it all. The thought of what he saw to be a dream never once crossed his mind– because– it had felt too real, what had happened could not have possibly been just a mere, harmless dream. It was impossible!

Jeongguk could only sit in complete silence, situated in the corner of the couch with his legs drawn to his chest. He was trying so hard not to rock back and forth or to do anything else at all. He needed to keep his head clear, was aware that he should stay calm and composed so that he could be of help once Seokjin and Namjoon came back with Yoongi. They would definitely take him back home... they had to, so of course would they! ...right?

Yes! Yes, they'll take him back! And he's alright! He has to be just fine!

"Hey, Jeonggukkie... you're trembling. Do you want anything?"

The youth snapped out of his thoughts and forced his head to turn to his side, meeting eyes with Jimin. The Empath smiled at him with so much calmth, that it effectively worked Jeongguk's nerves down a bit.
"What about hot chocolate? Or maybe you'll like something lighter a bit more. Should I go prepare you a cup of tea?"

Jeongguk shook his head in refusal; no, he did not really want anything right at the moment. All he wanted was for Yoongi– his Dad– to return safely. Was that too much to ask for?

Jimin sighed, his eyes showing a gentle displeasure to the younger's stubbornness. He then placed his small hand on the youth's shoulder and squeezed gently. Jeongguk felt tears welling up in his still red-rimmed eyes as the gesture touched him where it hurt. Why could he not stop crying? Why was he suddenly such a cry baby? This was so unlike Jeongguk! But at the same time, it was also so like him. The youth's heart was big, strong and yet so fragile. So terribly so, that he often found trouble with understanding his own emotions. But now that he thinks about it, half of all those emotions he used to feel were not his own. If he felt happiness, there would often be a strange sadness in his heart. When he was angry, there would be love. The strange opposites used to confuse Jeongguk a lot, but now that he knew it was all because of that connection... things were... only somewhat... making sense?...

"Why don't you go up and try get some sleep, hm?" Hoseok tried. He awaited in patience as he noticed the youth's distant stare. Hoseok too felt dread in his body– no surprise he did– Yoongi was his lover! Yet, he pushed aside his own emotions for the younger's sake. Jeongguk not only was the youngest of them seven, he was also the biological son of one of their own. The five of them had known from the very first day that they met that their new addition was going to bring his son to their home one day in the future. None of them was against the idea, all of them felt glad that Yoongi trusted them enough to decide that he wanted to actually stay with them. And from that very first day, Hoseok has always known that Yoongi was different.
Humans might not always be so fond of being in a relationship with a single parent, but to Hoseok— the Vampire thought that the other's heart was so beautiful and so, so complicated. Yoongi always kept his mind on his child no matter what and he was remembered about his emotions each and every day, not a single second went by without him being aware of how his own child was doing. And Hoseok found it beautiful. He fell for that, loved him for the soft spot he has for his own son. Yoongi was the most loving person he knew, yet, no one else would ever be able to understand that. It has taken Hoseok many years to figure him out, after all. Yoongi was not easy to understand. Who could understand him better than Hoseok did? Probably Jeongguk. But, hey! They shared that connection— of course could Jeongguk understand him!