19: I See What You See

Jeongguk could feel that something was not right.

There are moments we can feel a sliver of dread out of the blue, indicating that something must be wrong. But with who? Obviously, someone you are extremely close with. This could be a parent, an aunt or uncle, a cousin or a sibling. Or there is a certain friend you are so close with that you know just what they feel with only one glance. It is an instinct; a foreboding of something that more often than not is bad news.

And Jeongguk can feel it in his bones– can feel it in his frozen veins– that something is the matter. He has not seen Yoongi for quite some time after all! As a son– as a son who shares the DNA with his father– how could he possibly not feel it?
No matter what the other five tell him, the Nestling knows that there is something they are hiding from him. But of course would they not say a thing, and in this matter, that their youngest is refusing to speak only works in their benefit. This Jeongguk knows too. He by now is making full use of his mind reading ability, speaking with those who can hear him. Jeongguk has asked Namjoon about Yoongi, but the older refuses to answer.

"Jeonggukkie!"

Looking up from his plate, the Nestling meets Taehyung's eyes. The older Vampire wears an energetic smile and his eyes are sparkling just as excitedly. It is nothing new from Taehyung, but the younger is simply not really in the mood to be energetic.

"Jeonggukie, doesn't it taste nice?" The older's smile falters a bit as he gazes at the plate before Jeongguk, and the younger follows his gaze. Indeed, he has been picking at his food for the passed somewhat minutes without realising it himself. Fork in hand and his chin leaning on the palm of his other one, the youth has been silently picking at the by now cold meal while staring into the distance, his mind filled with possible scenarios of where his Dad could be.

"If it's not tasty, then I can just make you something else," Seokjin then speaks up. He offers the youngest one a gentle smile. "I must admit I haven't made this in a while— it must taste weird."

To be fair, Jeongguk would not know. He has not tasted the food at all and he also was not exactly planning to. There was no appetite, the youth could only sigh and place down the fork onto the plate with a soft 'clang' as the cutlery comes in contact with the porcelain plate. Jeongguk then pushes the plate away from himself and stands up from his place, immediately walking out of the kitchen, ignoring the others as they try tell him not to just leave like that.

But there is a strange, unsettling feeling in the youth's stomach that tells him that something is not right. The feeling is so terribly unpleasant, Jeongguk feels sick to the core. He wants to solve it, to erase this feeling for once and for all. But there is a reason not to want to do so too. And while he nervously holds the locket in his hand and rubs the material with his thumb, Jeongguk instinctively already made the decision that he should find out just what exactly is wrong. And if it really does have something to do with his father— then he certainly will try everything in his might to help him out.

As he thinks so, Jeongguk's sight suddenly turns pitch black. It startles him greatly and the Nestling nearly tumbles backwards off the stairs, but he is able to grip onto the railing and stabilise himself before his eyes suddenly catch glimpse of a hospital.
Yes, a hospital. Jeongguk is surprised to be met with the sight— he can even smell the city and hear the background noises. Just what am I seeing? Just now, was I not walking up the stairs to my room?