Chapter 4

"Sir, pasensya na po... I was not able to convince the girl to sign the waiver... She does not need a settlement as what she said" sabi ni Atty. Marquez sa kausap na lalaki.

"Ok, sige, lets wait then... Did you give the calling card?" tanong nito sa attorney.

"Yes Sir, but did you ask.." tanong ni Atty. Marquez.

"Don't worry, i can handle it" the guy cut off. "You may leave attorney, i'll just call you if i need anything else. Thank you".

"Ok, i'll leave now Mr. Anderson" sabi nito.

Pagkalabas ni Atty. Marquez, tumayo si Randy sa kanyang kinauupuan at tinanaw ang labas ng kanyan opisina. His office is located in the 30th floor of  their building, the scenery of Ayala Ave is breathtaking especially during this early time of the night.

"Another problem.. When will these end?" he sighed heavily.

He dialled a familiar number.  He looked for Richard's number in his phonebook.

Ring. Ring.

"Bro!" bungad ni Chard.

"Nasa office ka pa ba?" tanong ni Randy.

"Yes. still here. finishing some papers.. Why Gerald Randolph? Sounds like you have a problem.." teased Chard.

"Not yet a problem though.. About to be.." sagot ni Randy.

"Alright.. I know..." sabi ni Chard while signing papers. "Let's meet up. Same place ok?!" dagdag ni Chard.

"Thanks bro, your the best!" sabi ni Randy.

They meet up on the Japanese resto where the used to eat. Chard does not like clubbing, he would rather stay at home or eat outside but partying is not his thing.  He is a serious-type of guy, unlike Randy who is used in playing up with a lot of girls, Chard is a one-woman man. He is 27 years old and had two girlfriends, he is single right now and he doesnt want to get into another relationship after what happened on his last. He and Solenn (his girlfriend) is engaged, they were boyfriend-girlfriend for four years. But months before their supposed wedding, they broke up because he found out that Solenn is pregnant with another man. Chard was hurt so hard and promised that he will be very careful next time, he would want a girl that deserves and will reciprocate the love he gives her.

After Randy told Chard his problem, Chard became furious.

"What the fuck dude? You gave my calling card to that girl? Are you out of your mind?" Chard blurted.

"I know bro, i'm sorry but that is.." Randy explained but Chard cut him off.

"Kahit na... Ano ka ba naman? Are you not thinking? Paano pag dinemanda ako ng babaeng yun? Anong sabi ni Atty. Marquez?" Chard asked.

"Nope. don't worry, pag nagkalintikan, if anything happens, dont worry ako ang haharap, I thought, she will agree on the settlement..." Gerald defended himself.

"How was she?" Chard asked.

"She already got out of the hospital. She is fine sabi ni Atty Marquez" he answered. 

Chard was speechless. He never thought that his cousin will do this to him. 

"So sorry bro, its just that if Dad will know about this, he will feel disappointed for the nth time because of me..." Randy sadly said. "If he learns about this accident, I know it will not tarnish your clean-white reputation, if ya know what i mean" Ge confessed.

Chard sighed. Hindi nya matiis ang pinsan. 

"Ok.. ok... if that girl will look for me, i will face her, but kung may balak syang magdemanda or anything like that so sorry bro, but i cant cover you up anymore." Chard said.

"Thanks bro, i owe you a lot. Thank you so much!" sabi ni Randy.