"Milo Manheim." The crowd erupted in cheers as I walked the stage, I shook hands with our principle before accepting my diploma. As I held it up for a photo, I looked at the photographer and then my Mom knowing she was taking pictures. Auden was cheering loudly still along with the rest of my family.

Auden really was family.

After the valedictorian made his speech, we cheered and threw our hats up.
High school was over just like that..

The after party was at my house of course. My friends and I were being pulled one way or the other as our parents were taking photos and crying with each other. I smiled when I saw Auden with Bubbe, she was helping her walk over to my Uncles table.

"Let's get this party started!" My mom had warned me that I was only allowed to have a drink, and it had to be champagne or wine. I tried not to roll my eyes. I knew the drill Bubbe was here and all my moms important friends so I had to be on my best behavior.

"Hey there graduate, cheers?" Auden handed me a can of coke, I accepted it and clinked my can with her glass of champagne. However when the soda passed my lips I almost choked..
"Audie.. what is this?"
"I might've poured a shot of whiskey or two in it...." Her lips brushes against my ear as she whispered. "Your welcome."

"Fuck that's hot.." She smacked my shoulder lightly after I winked at her. "You better not get wasted this time.."
"Oh please it's one drink, I'll barely get buzzed Audie." I took a long sip before ruffling her hair.

"Are the boys drunk?" Cammie asked, I turned my attention away from Stella and I's conversation to see Milo, Mason and Owen obnoxiously belting out the words to Take Me Home, Country Road as they hung all over one another... that fucking idiot.

"The only thing I've seen Milo drink all night is soda.." Stella waved off the behavior and tried to start up our conversation again.

"Mom I didn't even drink.." Milo rolled his eyes as his mom sat him down next to me, Owen and Mason followed.
"Cammie we weren't drinking we promise! We're just living our best life bro!" Mason chimed in. I told Camryn I would babysit the "children" for the rest of the night as she escorted guests out and said goodbyes to people who started to make there way out.

"Aud I had one drink I fucking swear! I'm just hyped!" He continued to try and dance with Mason and Owen. Milo just had so much energy sometimes..

"Haha can you imagine being stuck in Cabo for the next week with them? Oh wait that will be us.." Ana joked while we continued to watch the boys shimmy and jump up and down to the music blasting in the backyard.

Servers and staff that Cammie hired were all cleaning up the party. Milo was saying his goodbyes and thank you's. I took this as my cue to exit, I just needed some air.. but even as I was outside in the backyard I couldn't get air in. There were too many people.

I found myself in my room, crying for no fucking reason at all. I hated feeling so weak.. I hated not being able to handle this overwhelming tidal wave that always seemed to crush me.
I didn't even know what was triggering me this time.

I barely heard the door open or Milo's voice, but suddenly he was there holding my face in his hands. Asking what seemed like a hundred questions.. my ears were ringing so I really couldn't even make out what he was saying anyways.

Then something changed, he held me in his arms. He took slow deep breaths and I found myself focusing so hard on his breaths that I started to breathe at the same rate as he was. His voice was quiet, soft as he started to sing...

You're my water when I'm stuck in the desert
You're the Tylenol I take when my head hurts
You're the sunshine on my life
I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I'll follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Then you're the best part, oh
You're the best part, oh
Best part...

"You okay?" I broke the silence first, wiping the pads of my thumbs underneath her eyes.
"Yeah I'm sorry... I don't even know what happened. How did you know that would help?" Auden was still in my arms as I sat on the floor against her bed.
"Honestly I was just trying whatever I could think of.. whenever I hear that song I think of you... so I thought it couldn't hurt." My cheeks flushed, I could feel the soft warmth of it.

"I'm so lucky to have you."
"Yeah you really are." I winked, I was trying to keep the mood light.

"Now come on, let's get packed for Cabo and watch Hell's Kitchen until we fall asleep.."

"You're not packed for Cabo yet? We leave tomorrow!"

"Oh so your packed and ready to go?" Auden rocked on her heels before walking away, grabbing a empty suitcase from her closet.
"That's what I thought... hey can I pick out what bikinis you wear?" I was already going through Auden's drawers when a flip flop flew through the air and slapped against the back of my head.
"Ow!"

...................................................................................
Link to Video of Milo singing song above..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BafwMLCDS7c/?igshid=1xs9xs5abmpn

I love that he can actually sing and dance 😍

Let me know what you think