Friends

7 Days until Party

"Can I say that I missed you so much and I'm just so glad your back."
"D.. that's literally all you've been saying all day."
"Well it's true, I missed my best friend." Demi was hanging off my shoulder when my tv screen switched to the live security camera footage. A familiar car came into view, driven by a certain teenager.

"You've got to be kidding me, no call him right now and tell him to get his skinny ass back—"
"Demi! Be nice!"
"No he's gotten you to himself the last two days, today is my day!"

"It's his birthday week.." Demi rolled her eyes before making her way to the door to let Milo in.

"Hey Demi!" Milos cheerful voice rang through my house as he went to embrace the shorter brunette.
"Hey Milo it's been so long!" I held my thumbs up to Demi, grateful for her trying to be nice to Milo. It's not that she hated him or anything. I don't think it's even possible for someone to hate Milo.
She was upset that he was basically number one, always. Demi does hate being second.

"Sorry I didn't mean to just show up..my mom just wanted to make sure I gave you this." He handed me a wristband, looked a bit like the Coachella bracelets.
"It's basically like the invite to be aloud on the boat for my party."
"Hold up your mom actually rented out the yacht?"

"Her baby boy is turning 18." He stuck out his tongue to the side of his face before popping his collar. Oh goodness this kid.

"You'll always be my kiddo.." Demi had to hold back from laughing, Milo just rolled his eyes at her before pulling me into a hug.
"Anyways I love you and can't wait to spend my birthday with you."
"Awe of course anything for my guy." I kissed his cheek as he was heading out the door.

"You are such a cockblock.."
"Demi! He knows that's never going to happen."
"Oh please the kids probably been waiting for his 18 birthday to with you." I couldn't help but start laughing with her. The whole idea was ridiculous, I knew Milo had a little crush on me but it's never been something to worry about.

"Anyways speaking of clubs.. wanna go out tonight ?"
"Hell's yes."

"So Auden's home and shes coming to your 18th birthday?" Owen's fingers danced across the PS4 controller while he recapped the situation.
"Yeah dude but I'm just so excited, I'm going to be 18! This party my mom is throwing me is going to be amazing."

"And you can finally hook up with Auden." The controller dropped out of my hands, then my avatar in the game died. "What?"

"I figured that's all you would be thinking about.. you know this whole time you and Auden have been basically playing catch up but your going to be 18.. your fair game now."

"I'll be legal... wait! You think she's into me and she's just been waiting?"

"Haha no.. I think she'll be drunk and you'll be there.. I mean your a good looking dude Milo."

"So she just ends up sleeping with me because I'm convenient?"

"Exactly."

"Owen you are never any help."

"Never claimed to be." I picked up my controller, trying my best to not get killed while I tried to wrap my head around a few things. The first thing I knew was there was a 1% chance of ever getting with Auden. The second thing was I was terrified of the off chance of ever hooking up with Auden.

Because I'm terrible in bed and that's why my ex broke up with me. See why I never wanted to talk about it?