It was dark, but there was hope somewhere in the lines, only barely visible to those who searched deeply in it's content.

Right as the bell sounded out, Renjun ended his poem with a small stroke, closing the journal and returning it to the confines of his book bag.

He then rested his head once more on his hand, continuing to look at the burnt oranges and browns of the ending of the autumn season.

It's almost sad, he thought, finding himself missing the bright yellows and deep reds that the leaves used to be.

It wasn't much longer that the room was bursting with loud noises, and Renjun was jerked from his thoughts as the teacher arrived shortly after.

His teacher was on the younger side, supporting each students' levels of needs and supporting their means of study and performance. He was the aloof type, not too keen on topics like the grading systems or point values, and allowed each student express themselves in their own ways.

To him, no one had a wrong question or wrong answer. Just another way of thinking. Renjun liked that about his teacher, a man above his years in ideology, and he respected him for that.

He didn't pay attention to the words flowing from the teacher's mouth, only hearing short and harsh sounds escaping the lips of the older, but soon the sounds only melted together until they fully stopped.

It wasn't that Renjun was being disrespectful, he had already completed the work the teacher had told them they were to do today from the previous day.

So after the room had quieted down, and the other student's were doing their own work, Renjun retrieved his headphones and quickly placed them in his ears and let the calming sounds fill his mind as he allowed himself to indulge the last moments of autumn once more.

His mind went back to the words he had scrambled together merely minutes ago, the words seemed to reverberate through his body, as if they were trying to get him to understand them.

Sighing, he didn't dig further, letting his eyes close as he continued to listen to his music.

The autumn leaves are turning brown once again.

What does this mean for us all?

A warning for the bitter cold coming once more?

Something that will rattle bones and chill our spines?

It's a cycle; never-ending like the tail of a coiled snake

Cold-blooded and dangerous,

The changing of seasons,

Yet we embrace the change,

Expect it, even,

For we do know that it is coming

But we know this just as well,

It will end.

. . . 

A/N : 

yo yo yo 

it's crazy where I'm at, and let's just say, people are showing true colors :\

but otherwise, my work hasn't closed down, so still busy as ever,

and although it's not an excuse for not writing as frequently, I'm sorry.

for some reason, I've been having some of the worst writer's block, but I also just think I've been lazy so that's not helping.

I'm trying to be better about it though, and I'm going to try and upload more, especially if I'm going to have to self-quarantine soon, so that'll be an experience. But I hope all of you are staying healthy, and that you all are prepared if you do have to go out and be in contact with people, because ew, socialization, but seriously, all of you stay healthy and I wish the best to you all.

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you so much for reading!

and, as always, until next time :))

started : 2020.3.19
finished : 2020.3.19