CHAPTER 24: Clinten

I couldn't believe he was here. Gerard has aged a bit but doesn't show too much between the amount of tattoos he has all over him.

We sit down and begin going over his plan and to be honest, I am not too sure about it. But, it's the only thing we really have now.

"Your uncle and I mentioned this backup plan in case something happened to him." He tells us.

"I can't believe he met up with Byron by himself in the first place without any back up." I tell him.

"Me neither but, you know your uncle." He tries to make a joke. He next looks at Shaundra. "And you're the girl that stole this guy's heart huh?!" He winks at me and smiles at her as he slaps my back.

"I guess so." Shaundra smiles.

"Well after this is all over, your uncle has a house nobody knows about and had planned on retiring at but again, if anything were to happen to him beforehand, he wanted you to have it. You are after all the beneficiary of his retirement and life insurance funds. In which he also told me to give you another key that is next to the house key. He told me that there's a big box under his bed there with something you might want." He finishes while he hands me the keys.

"Thanks." I tell him.

"No problem." He replies. "Now, we're cutting close to it being the time you need to meet up with him so we better start getting ready." He suggests as he stands up out of his chair.

"Well wait!" We hear Shaundra say. "Don't I get a say in your plans? I mean, I CAN shoot a gun apparently and I think I can be a huge help." She states as she stands with us also, looking at the both of us with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Darlin' it's nothing personal and isn't that we think you are incapable of doing this but we need you to be safe." He explains.

"Bullshit! It's because I'm a girl, isn't it?!?" She asks.

"It isn't that. I swear on my life." Gerard swear while raising his right hand.

"I don't believe you. Besides, who's to say he doesn't trick you both and say that he is going to meet you at the docks but then you both find out it was a setup and ambushed you both then came after me?" She points out.

She does make a good point but on the other hand, she needs to also understand that I just don't want to risk in losing her.

"Shaundra, please. Baby, it's nothing personal, like he said. I just don't want you getting hurt and besides, I will have some of my guys stay here to make sure that doesn't happen." I try and assure her.

"Unbelievable. And so you think that me waiting here thinking the entire time-no WONDERING and worrying the entire time of rather or not you are dead, is better?!?" She fires back at me.

Damnit, she has a point again. My god is this how it's always going to be with her?

"I like her. She's got spunk in her. It's adorable and yet, impressive also." Gerard comments.

I look at him thinking he'd be on my side but not anymore it seems. So I just look back at her and think for a moment before looking at Dusty and he just holds his hands up in a 'back off' kind of way.

When I look back at her once again, I let out a breath of defeat.

"Fine, you can go but ONLY as long as you stay with your brother and a few others in the car and promise not to do anything stupid like trying to save me or anything. I seriously don't want to lose you." I tell here in hopes that she would have changed her mind after I said that but it didn't.

I feel like I'm in quite the predicament in telling her to stay and maybe it is even wrong to have her come with us but the truth of the matter is that I also can't stop her because knowing how she is she would find some way to try and sneek in the car or something.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)