CHAPTER 16: Clinten

"We aren't sure exactly in Byron's whereabouts. We are still looking. The last place he was seen at was several states over but, we all know he won't give up until the debt is paid." My uncle tells me while we sit there at his little house he bought months ago.

"I'll see what my guys can do. But I have to give you a heads up, they still are leaders in the biker club and I don't want them to get into trouble. You have to guarantee that. Because these guys are our only hope in finding and keeping track of him." I explain.

My uncle sits back and runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Alright. I promise we won't do anything to them. But all of this is just between us because technically, I could lose everything." He reminds me.

"I understand." I agree.

"Well, now that that's all out of the way with, how's my future niece-in-law?" He smiles while sitting back.

I look at Nero who is sitting next to me and laughs a little.

"She's good. I still haven't told her or her brother about all of this yet but we kind of JUST got back together yesterday." I tell him.

"Pff. Yeah, and everybody heard it too!" Nero says.

We all share a good laugh.

"I'm glad to see you have grown up." My Uncle chuckles to himself.

"Yeah. But she did ask me this morning if I would tell her about that night." I tell him.

I hear him take in a deep breath and let it out.

"Do you think tonight would be a good time?" He asks.

"Compared to all of this happening right now? I think it would be a good step then hopefully before telling about you and what is going on right now, I believe it's a better move in a way." I explain.

"Alright then. I trust you." He smiles.

We talk a little more and 'shoot the breeze' as most would say and then I started heading back home. Both Nero and I rook our bikes and after we pulled into the driveway, we got off our bikes and I felt Nero slap my back a little.

"It's gonna be alright. She'll understand this. Maybe not at first but, trust me, she seems like she's the understanding type." He tries to reassure me.

I just nod in reply.

"Yeah, I hope you're right." I replied.

We both started walking inside and there was a bottle of Jameson on the table next to Karie and Shaundra.

Shaundra seemed to be comforting Karie as it looked like Karie was crying and has been for a while it seemed with how puffy her eyes looked.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Do you want me to tell him?" She asks Karie.

Karie didn't say anything and instead just broke down and cried more.

"Karie and Dusty came back from their doctor's appointment today and found out she had a miscarriage." Shaundra tells me with some tears in her eyes as well.

"Oh shit." I reply.

My heart truly ached at the thought of Karie losing a child. I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now and Dusty? Damn, he was excited in becoming a dad. Which wait, where is Dusty?!?

The front door opened up and in walked Dusty with his hands full of food and grocery bags. Nero and I turned and went to help him out.

"So I guess you all heard huh?" He asks looking at us.

"Yeah. We're sorry bro." I tell him while pulling him into a hug.

"Thanks man." Dusty says before I next feel him hug me tighter and began to notice him wanting to cry.

I know he doesn't show emotions too easily, neither do I, but he needs to not let it all build up inside.

Damn, this family has had tragedy plague them since birth really.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)