CHAPTER 9: Shaundra

He makes me so mad, I swear! Then to just add to the chaos, I have to once again PAY for my dad's mistakes even after he dies and stay with Clinten as a result. 

The most frustrating part about all of this was the fact that he is right at the same time. Everything he just said was right. 

While beginning to toss my things in my bag and trying to fight back the tears that seemed to be falling for NO reason, I heard a knock at the door. 

"Come in." I replied with a sniffle. 

When I turned around after wiping my eyes, I saw it was Karie. 

The next thing that happened, I can't explain why but I suddenly found myself hugging Karie tightly and we began talking. We mostly started mentioning about sticking together while at Clinten's place and just trying to stay out of his way. 

She helped me feel better and then we headed towards downstairs where I noticed some of the guys from my now brother's club, already had their bags packed as well as Dusty had his and Karie's bag as well already packed. 

Clinten still looked upset and as the guys started heading outside to put our bags in the trunk of Clinten's car. In which I never thought I'd ever see the day when he would be driving a car rather than riding a motorcycle. 

"Let's go." He says irritated while avoiding eye contact with me still. 

This should be a fun ride. What's even worse about this is it'll take a few days to get to this house from here since he doesn't want us taking an airplane. 

I ha thought that Karie and Dusty would ride with us but instead were riding on his bike and following us along with the other guys. I feel so betrayed right now. 

Right away after getting into the car and leaving the place I had called home when I was little for most of my life behind, I felt bittersweet about it to be quite honest. 

On one hand, there were good memories and then on the other, including what is happening right now, it was leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. 

You could cut the tension right now between Clinten and I with a knife. 

I thought of saying something but I wasn't sure in what I could say. He still seemed agitated so I kept quiet and then he turned on the radio and turned the music not too loud but loud enough to where he didn't have to worry about hearing me. 

This was fine by me-better than silence (which I hate). 

We have now been on the road for a few hours and I feel my stomach start to growl-stupid stomach. 

Before I do anything, I take in a quick deep breath then let it out before next turning the music down. 

He looks out the corner of his eye at me and suddenly I remember that he hates it when people turn down the music but never had an issue with me ever doing it. Then again, we weren't fighting and were too caught up being in love.  Obviously that isn't the case now, so I hurry and say something before he gets a chance to. 

"I'm hungry." I tell him. 

He doesn't answer right away and instead calls using his blue tooth that's hooked up to the car to call Dusty who has a mic and speaker built-into his helmet to answer calls with. 

"We're stopping to eat." Is all he says to Dusty before hanging up. 

We pulled up into a small parking lot where a cute little restaurant was located. There weren't too many cars parked here but there are no other close by places to eat for miles. 

After getting out, he started walking towards the door and surprised me as I noticed he was holding open the door waiting for me. 

We all started heading inside and the waitress was nice enough to accommodate our group by pushing several tables together. 

The several customers who were already in there were looking at us, which we get that a lot. Probably because they believe everything they hear and see on TV. 

Quickly the waitress was getting on my damn nerves because she wouldn't stop hitting on Clinten as he was enjoying it. 

I tried hiding my annoyance with her but it was hard apparently.  I was in particular especially annoyed with Clinten, I mean, wasn't he trying just yesterday to win me back?

Oh, that's right, he doesn't give a shit according to what happened earlier this morning and him telling me so. 

God, why does he have to get to me the way he does?!?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)