Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding

Start from the beginning

She was led out by the aunties  who sat her on a makeshift gold throne.  She waited for her groom ,Mustafa to arrive.  When he arrived,  we the sisters, friends welcomed him and brought him to his bride.  The ceremony began.  It had some Chadian twist because  Mustafa  is a Chadian.   They danced together  and were later entertained  by  traditional dancers. 

The next day was the Wanka Amarya

The next day was the Wanka Amarya.  The men of the house left already for the wedding Fatiha.  Zahra was placed in the midst of her aunties.   She performed Ablution and her hair was being washed by her aunties.   It is said that this is to purify her before she heads to her husband's  house.  After this  was done. She was literally  bareback by the aunties  who took her around the house dancing with her face covered. 

She braided her hair back after dancing around

She braided her hair back after dancing around.  By this time, we were informed that the wedding has been finalised.   She is now a Mrs Musango.  She couldn't  contain her joy, she was just grinning  non stop.  Khalifa came in with her bride price.  He handed it to her.  My husband looks so stressed.  He has been busy since the celebration started.  He's  like a father figure to his sisters.  So all of  this is on him.  He literally gave Zahra's  hand out in marriage.  She was so happy that she hugged  him when he handed her her dowry.   We talked briefly.   He asked how the twins were and i informed him that Sarah  was taking  care of them.    He couldn't  stay long because he had other things to tend to.

Zahra had another  shower and started getting dressed for the kalawa. She was adorned  in a garment  owned by  great grand mothers.  The same one i wore during my Budan kai.  I really didnt  see much because i had to tend to my children but she sat before the aunties  and they passed her the kalawa meal before blessing her.   We took pictures with her after she was done with all of this.  It was time for the wedding dinner.

We got ready in no time

We got ready in no time. I wore the blue asoebi  we picked for the family.   Khalifa, the twins, Sarah , balaraba and i drove to the venue together.   The party  took place in Cunningham Marquee...  Zahra didn't  have much friends so the sisters danced in with her well i joined in also.  She was dressed in a Red iro and Buba aso oke designed  by Deola Segoe.   The party began and it was fun all through.  We ate to our satisfaction.   Took pictures and danced.  Khalifa and i danced  together  also.    Zahra changed to her second outfit which was designed by Huddaya.  Zahra had to dance with her mom since her dad was late.  She danced with her siblings also.  Its so beautiful the bond my husband  and his sisters shared.  They loved  themselves dearly and they extended  the love to  me and my children. 

Two weeks after the wedding  we travelled to France for the white wedding

Two weeks after the wedding  we travelled to France for the white wedding.  Zahra had always wanted a destination  wedding.  It was such a beautiful experience.   We flew in few days earlier to prepare  for the big  day.  Everything was perfect just as she wanted.  

The twins were her ring bearer.  They looked so cute.  The ceremony was beautiful so was the bride.  Just few friends were  invited.  The reception was fun also.  It was a beautiful  ceremony

   Author's Note

So wushe wushe, kalawa,  Wanka Amarya  is actually  part of the kanuri  wedding culture not Hausa .  I just decided to write about this since I  already wrote about Hausa  and Yoruba  culture  .

   Tell me how you feel avout this chapter.   Please don't forget to vote, and comment.  God bless

Please stay  safe  out there..