Chapter 7

Shareefa carefully placed the food on the dining table, careful not to disturb the aesthetically pleasing arrangements done by each Begum Sahiba.

The ladies all noted each other's brought items keenly. Unable to find any faults with the multitude presented in front of them, the ladies smiled and started tasting the food. Like always they ate less and gossiped more. By the time Rida went back, she was humming a cheerful tone.
               ***************

The moment she stepped into the house her son came running towards her.
"Mummy! You are here!! Papa said.." squealed 4 years old Hamza but his sentence was interrupted by a running Jibran, who snatched him up in his arms and said, "Darling you are here".

All senses inside Rida started buzzing. It was one thing for the kids to welcome her so enthusiastically but receiving the same treatment from her husband of 5 years was unusual.

Something was definitely up. Rida looked sceptically at his face now.
"Honey what did you tell Hamza?", she prompted.

"Oh just that I am missing you", Jibran was all smiles and tried to leave the scene slowly.

That's it. There was something he was hiding from her. Rida knew how to force the cat out of the bag in his case, she smiled mischievously as she threw her heels on the shoe rack and went to check on her 1-year-old daughter Haya.
****************
Jibran just came out of the bathroom and stopped dead in his tracks. His mouth gaped open as he noticed what was in front of him.
*************
Hi guys,
How are you doing? Please leave a comment if you like this story and press the ⭐️
Lots of love 💕