Chapter 5

The walk downstairs was a backbreaking task but she managed to get herself in the car finally. Quickly she removed the stilettos and turn the key in the ignition. 

Obviously, no one can drive in such impossible shoes but they looked so stunning that she had to buy those. 

She turned on the volume and listened to the latest K Pop album. She preferred soothing old ghazals before the incident with Naila. Even thinking about it now made her cheeks red with anger.

 They were at one of their "Get-togethers" when Naila asked her who was her favourite in Red Velvet. Unaware of the existence of the popular girls' band she replied something along the lines of "I prefer blue velvet cheesecakes. Red velvets are so old story." 

Needless to say, everyone gaped at her before the laughter erupted. She tried saving her face by adding she misheard Naila's question. They gave her the benefit of doubt as she was always up to date with the trends and gossips. It wasn't possible that Rida wouldn't know about something famous and fancy.

Today they were having one of the Potlucks which they arranged thrice a year. Rida was an average cook but her Biryani skills were on top of the world. Jibran even told her he fell in love with her after he tasted her biryani a week after their wedding. But obviously, no one would bring such simple food to their party. No chance! 

So she ordered these cupcakes from one of the famous bakeries specifying her order in decor so not to have any mishap. She didn't want anyone else spotting the same cupcake in the shop later and accusing her of conning them in their sacred ritual. She would not be defeated by Laraib and her MasterChef cooking skills. Laraib could even earn a round of applause from Gorden Ramsay. But this time Rida was two steps ahead of her.

****************________**********

Dear readers,
Thank you for reading the Chronicles of Rida. Please vote if you like the story.
Lots of love 💕