Chapter 2

Rida futilely tried to grasp the thin sheet in place but the slippery fabric had other plans. The more she tried to adjust it the more it moved.

She was preoccupied in her battle with the thin sheet and didn't realize that the esthetician was ready with the hot pink wax.

"Hold it steady, Miss," she said to Rida but even the warning didn't prevent the shudder that ran through Rida as the woman applied a  thin layer to her bush. 

"Excuse me, I thin... Arghhhh", her words died into a baffling, blood-curdling scream as the esthetician pulled the first strip. Rida was sure that not even her obstetrician had heard this type of ear-splitting scream during her time in labor.

"WHAT happened, Miss? You were not hurt there, right?" The poor esthetician was so shocked, thinking she might have damaged her skin or torn some old wound. 

"Ohh", Rida groaned, clamping her lips.

"If you are not feeling alright. We can reschedule your appointment on a later date, Miss". She spoke soothingly as she pushed a glass of water in the hands of a trembling Rida. 

"No! Just go on. I wasn't ready."Rida replied through tears.

"I will try to be gentle, miss, just relax", the expert woman replied in her best professional voice. Knowing too well that there was nothing "gentle" about waxing.

"She doesn't know" enduring another painful pull, Rida thought helplessly through the haze of pain, "No one could understand why this is so necessary." 

 "I would fulfill each and any requirement to be in my new social circle," she vowed mentally.

She can't let anyone find out that she was not one of them but a newbie whose background was hidden beneath so many layers of longings and deprivation.

With a newly acquired confidence, Rida entered into her small heaven, her beautiful home

With a newly acquired confidence, Rida entered into her small heaven, her beautiful home. She checked the kids who were already sleeping after dinner and moved towards her bedroom.

She locked her bedroom door and put down the shopping bags on the floor. The products of a short shopping expedition after her spa visit.

Glancing at her diamond-studded wristwatch she realized that she still had an hour before Jibran's arrival. He was invited to some business dinner as she recalled.

Rida avoided going to such events with him. She felt she was not confident enough to face the wives of the elite circle. She was not ready yet. Maybe by the end of the year, she would be sure enough of herself.

Pushing these thoughts away, she went to the full-length mirror and stripped down to her skin. The full-body massage was definitely worth it. She could still see the faint redness in the triangular area, where a few hours ago her bush was but otherwise her skin looked smooth and supple.

Looking at the time again she quickly ran to the bathroom and enjoyed a lukewarm shower. A short while later, she emerged, clutching a fluffy towel to her bosom and went to rummage through her newly bought packages.

There it was, the silk piece she had her eyes for the past week. Tonight was going to be feisty.

 Tonight was going to be feisty