Chapter 4

The sun rose the next morning, causing soft streaks of sunlight to enter through the parted curtains of the bedroom window. Rida stretched and yawned as she sat up on the bed. Her eyes still heavy with sleep but she propped herself on the pillow while clutching the sheet to her breasts.

She nudged Jibran to wake him up as she got up and covered her self with the forgotten silk gown that was lying on the floor near the armchair. She was going to visit her friends today and she needed to prepare a lot before going there.

Rida looked carefully at her reflection in the mirror as she applied the newest shade of her lip cream

Rida looked carefully at her reflection in the mirror as she applied the newest shade of her lip cream. "All done!" she thought observing herself from head to toe.

She had carefully selected this outfit for tonight. The new yellow jacket, with a gorgeous white blouse and her new skinny jeans.

The jeans were a bit too skinny, and it was hard to breathe but she inhaled sharply to keep her tummy from making an appearance. As she closed the straps of her 6 inches heels, she realized it would be a tough job walking in these.

She partially limped and partially dragged her way out to the lounge. Jibran was comfortably sprawled on the sofa immersed in some talk show. "Honey! Did you bring it?", she asked anxiously.

She was already late and if he forgot to bring that, she was doomed. "Yeah! I ordered it. It's there on the kitchen counter", he replied doing a quick head turn to take in her appearance.

She saw his eyes lighting with appreciation and she almost kissed him.

Almost! No way was she going to ruin her perfectly made-up face which took her nearly 3 hours to achieve. Not to forget the pains she got in to make her hair appear glossy and healthy.

She winked at him instead and dragged her feet to the kitchen. Winking is a convenient solution for situations like these. She was glad her fake lashes were held securely with the costly eye glue she bought just in case.

Hopping on painfully she reached the counter, she opened the lid of the box. The cupcakes definitely appeared Instagrammable. Carefully she placed each cake in the Tupperware container and snapped the lid. She was sure they would love the cakes. Jibran had ordered two dozens, and they were more than enough for them.

Grabbing her new designer clutch she made her way to her car downstairs.