Chapter Eighty-Eight: This Prophecy Can Kiss my Arse

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"I've always wondered what having a sister would be like." I muse softly. "Would she braid my hair? Sing me to sleep? Would she love me unconditionally? Would she make sure I never got hurt?" I sit up on her table, criss crossing my legs.

"Off my table." She mumbles, trying to not look at me.

"I never got that." I whisper, feeling the tears start. "I braided my own hair. I always fell asleep to screams. I learned to love myself because no one else would ever be there for me except me. I always ended up hurt..." I heave out, my chest aching, as I traced the scars on my arms with my fingers absentmindedly.

She looks up and sees the scars. Her face tightens.

"You probably did something to deserve it."

"Did I deserve to see my best friend choked to death in front of me.... at six years old.... by the orphanage matron?" I ask her harshly. My words make her flinch.

"Did I deserve to go to bed, lulled to sleep by the screams of the older girls being raped over and over again?" I snarl, smacking my fist on the table. "DID I DESERVE TO ALWAYS BE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF FEAR!!!?? I was always so afraid... terrified." I hiss at her.

I see the tears start to form in her eyes. I see her hands start to tremble.

"You weren't the only one to lose family that day.... You might've lost a sister.... but I lost two." I tell her in the coldest voice I could muster.

"Why are you talking in the past tense?" She breathes and I shake my head.

"I'm not really here Tunia." I say, smiling sadly.

"You aren't really here?" She croaks and I nod slowly.

"I loved you... you know.... before I found out you threw me away like a pig left for slaughter." I say silently. She backs away from me, clutching her chest in pain.

"Valentine please." She whispers, rushing forward and trying to grab me.

"You failed Lilly, Petunia. You failed me too. Don't fail with them." I motion with my head to the kids in the backyard. "You have no idea the influence you have on them."

"Don't leave!" She begs, grabbing my hand, only for her eyes to widen when she couldn't actually touch me. I knew then, my time was up.

"Goodbye sister." I smile, waving at her.

"Where are you?" She demands. "Here in this world?" She demands and I shake my head.

"I'm not in this world, Petunia."

I disappear out of her sight then and I watch with tears streaming down my face as she frantically starts to scream out for me. "VALENTINE!!!"

"VALENTINE WHERE ARE YOU!!!???"

"I CAN'T LOSE ANOTHER SISTER PLEASEEEE!!" She chokes, falling to her knees and rocking herself slightly. "I'm not going crazy. She was here. No one else knows what I did." She kept repeating to herself again and again.

She starts to sob.

So do I.

Two sisters.... centuries apart... who never had a chance to meet.

"I forgive you." I cry, clutching my own heart in tune to hers, but she can't hear me. I reach out to grab her hand but, it goes directly through hers.

"AHHAHAHA!!" Her cries turn into ones of hysteria. "VALENTINE!!! LILLY!!!!" She cries and I cry too.

I look up and in the corner I see a woman with red hair, sitting on the floor. She was clutching her heart, sobbing.

"Lilly?" I breathe. "Sis?" I croak and I lunge forward to hug her only for my arms to so directly through her.

She sees this and bursts into another rounds of tears.

I stumble away, growing hysteric as well. "WHY!!???" I scream. They were so close. My sisters. My family.

I couldn't even hug them.

I loved them so god damn much.

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!!! LILLY!!" Petunia screams again, crawling to a corner to curl up into a ball and sob her heart out. "I WAS A KID TOO!!!" She screams. "I couldn't raise four kids." She whimpers. "I KILLED... I KILLED VALENTINE!" She sobs

I cry harder, curling up into a ball as well.

Three sisters.

Three corners.

All three of us in tears.

So close... yet so far.

Lilly gazes outside and sees her kids, only for her own sobs to grow hysteric. "I'm SORRY!" She screams, gazing between Ettie, Harry and I. "It's MY FAULT!!" She screams, pounding her fists to the floor.

"ME!! ALL MY FAULT!!" She cries again, breaths coming in wheezes.

"My beautiful babies." She whispers and stands up, touching the window where they were smiling. "My kids. Grown up.... Without me... " She was barely breathing, she was crying so hard.

"I'm sorry! I left them!! I LEFT THEM ALONE!!" I cry out to her and she shakes her head.

"I left you all alone." She whispers.

"Lilikins." I voice whispers and I turn up to see James Potter, staring down at all three of us with his own tears in his eyes.

"Lilly sweets. We need to go." He whispers. She shakes her head.

"But I just saw them.." She whimpers desperate to stay with her kids.

"I know but we need to go love." He was crying now too.

Lilly grabs her husbands hands and they stand, staring at their kids in sorrow. I watch them utterly, miserable. "Such a beautiful place to be..... " James whispers.

".....with friends." Lilly says in a hush and they disappear.

I wake up screaming. Tears stream down my face in a rush and I was in pain. Eyes wide, I scurry out of bed, covering my mouth with both hands to keep from wailing in absolute misery.

The second I made it outside, I scream.

Loud and filled with pain.

For Petunia.

For Lilly.

For James.

The adults who never got to live. And the one that did, was barely living.

I also screamed for me.

I was so done.

Screw Albus for making me leave the only family I had left. Screw him for being a selfish bastard.

Dumbledore's prophecy could kiss my arse.

-I think I give up