CHAPTER 19

I saw that Maria was sleeping when we visited Zack. Not wanting to disturb her, I wrote a note and kissed Zack's cheek and returned to Steve.

I noticed that Steve was looking at me with a weird expression.

"What?"

"Are you okay? About your mother-"

I felt a pain in my chest, "She was not much of a mother. She was more like an older sister to me. I guess it hurts because I was hoping that maybe at least once in my life she would stop the drugs and see me as a person."I gave him a teary smile, "But I'm okay. Don't we have an important matter in our hands?"

Steve gave me a small smile, and he put his arm around my shoulder, "Let's find out who killed you momzo."

I shook my head at him and followed him.

"So....Zander's parents are visiting," I looked at him with an incredulous look.

Steve just laughed at my expression, "Oh Thalia my dear, why the hell are you worried? They are going to love you like Zander."

I stopped walking and looked at him with a horrified expression, "L...Love?" I asked him.

He just smirked at me, "You are cute. Come on we have research to do," he said pulling my hand.

"I need to call Violet."

He nodded at me, "I will wait for you."

I took his phone and called her.

"Vi speaking. If you were not satisfied with my work yesterday night, I'm not giving you a refund."

I rolled my eyes at her greeting.

"When did you become a hooker?"

"Holy fuck! THAL!"

I took my phone away from my ears, "You don't need to shout. Calm down."

"Calm down my ass! Where the hell is your phone? I was worried sick."

"Nothing happened. I just misplaced my phone. So I borrowed Steve's phone."

Silence.

I frowned, "Vi? Are you still there?"

"Did you say, Steve? Do we know Steve? What the hell is happening?"

I took a deep breath, "This is a long story."

I told how much I could by omitting the werewolves' part which was very difficult.

"I still feel that you are hiding something. Seriously though your mom dying is the best news, I have heard. She is a fucking bitch but wait it's not like you to drop everything out and follow a guy. It's more like me. Oh shit! Are you missing me so much that you started acting like me? Oh, honey send me your address now. I'm coming over there to get you. Like right now. Unless this Zander guy is hot --"

"Oh my god Vi! Do you even breathe while talking? I told you he paid off my mom's debt. I wanted a change of scenery, and I came with him now. Nothing to worry."

"Hmmmhmm. It must be really hot for you to follow him like a lost puppy. Tell me does he has a brother?"

I thought about Marcus, and I thought about Violet seducing Marcus. I shuddered.

"How is your aunt?" I asked her wanting to change the topic.

"Eh, she is alive for now. Is Steve at least hot?"