Chapter 3

Sorry for the late update.

**************

Zander began to count backward from one hundred. He cannot lose his cool in front of the council but seeing James smirking wasn't helping the situation.

“Hey heard that jackass James was giving some trouble. ”

He turned and looked at Audrey, barely five three, two inches of dark curly hair, green eyes, and golden skin. She was the first woman to be an alpha and was as tough as him.
He noticed two of the other alphas had stopped talking and were paying attention to them. Their seating arrangements were questionable, probably spying for James.

He rolled his eyes.

“I just want to blow off some steam.”

“Hmm...I know a place. Did you come alone? Where is your beta?”

He rolled his eyes again, "On his third honeymoon."

Audrey laughed, "Don't look dejected Zander, you will find your mate soon."

"Hey! I'm in no hurry."

She rolled her eyes. "Who even called this council meeting?"

He growled, "Seven."

He unconsciously touched his scar. It was a tiny crescent-shaped moon on his wrist. It was the blessing of the moon goddess.

Seven is a powerful, cunning witch who is behind him. She was also blessed by the moon goddess.

Speaking of the devil, he could smell her coming.

She wore a sheer black dress. Her black hair flowing behind her.

"HELLO, my people."

He snorted.

Throwing him an annoyed look, "I'm very glad you people came."

"Well, you did threaten to curse us if we didn't show up, " said Audrey.

She looked at Audrey with a furious look, "Shut up child! You don't know what I am capable of."

"Anyways I called this meeting to talk about the new prophecy."

Everyone started murmuring within themselves.

He should have known it was about the prophecy.

Giving him a pointed look, "The devil is due next blue moon. We have to join forces, Zander."

He stood up with such anger, he heard few alphas whimpering, "When the devil comes you can help me fight him, but I'm not fucking joining you."
Joining forces means sharing his pack with her and that's going to happen over his dead body.

Her eyes flashed with anger.

"Such disrespect.", She hissed.
Not wanting to listen to her bullshit, he stormed out of there.

"Zander. Wait!"

He turned to see Audrey jogging towards him, "Next time you decide to storm out warn me will you. Seven was a few seconds away from blasting me."

He frowned, "Because of me?"

"Uh... Well, I asked if her dress was legal," she said with a sly grin," you should have seen her face."

Shaking his head, "You free to talk?"

Hooking her hand with his, "Not now my friend. It's too early for that kind of fun. Let's go to the movies."

Groaning he allowed her to pull him to the movies.

After two and a half hours of torture, he split up with Audrey and agreed to meet her at the hotel she recommended.

The hotel looked posh but as soon as he entered he could smell the stench of cheap alcohol and saw the hookers.

He went to the mini bar and ordered whiskey.

"Sorry, Zander. I was held up."
He looked at her messed up hair and knew what was the delay, "Of course you were."

"Come on let's get a table."

She signaled a waitress and ordered a drink.

"Tell me about James."

He scanned the crowd if he could find any familiar faces. 

Satisfied, "He killed two of my pack members."

Audrey's eyes widened with surprise, "Why didn't you say anything at the council."

"I feel Seven is helping him, the two members who were killed are omegas, not that strong-minded, easy to brainwash their minds. That's why I have no fucking proof that he killed them."

"Black magic?  This is serious. Do you think it has anything to do with the prophecy?"

"The prophecy says someone will provoke the devil. Seven is spreading wrong information."

Audrey growled, "James is helping her? That sleazeball!"

"Tell me about it. He is fucking buying human weapons."

Audrey frowned, "Human weapons…….?" Realization dawned on her, "They are planning a war."

He nodded, "I want to know whose side you are on."

"You know I will support you."

Zander had expected this reply from her.

Before he could say anything, a girl passed by him. She smelled like cinnamon and vanilla.

Shoving people out of his way, he rushed after her.

He grabbed her by her elbow and turned her around, she had blue eyes, as deep as the sea, lush pink lips, and more fucking hair than he’d ever seen on any woman’s head. It looked thick, it looked soft and he knew it’d feel good trailing on his skin.

Shoving his face to her neck, he growled, "Mate."

********
Share and comment.