epilogue

* one month later *

* one month later *

A knock could be heard from the girl's bedroom door, Rowan immediately flinging it open with a warm smile to greet the boy standing across from her. She leans in, welcoming her boyfriend with a kiss and a hug. "You're early today, Pete. School got cut short?"

"More like I'd rather spend the day with my girlfriend that sit for an hour in physics." Answers the boy, his arms draping across her waist, hugging her to his chest as he places a chaste kiss to her neck, "and what's on the agenda today, babe?"

She smiles, her hands encasing his as she sighs in contempt, "well, I thought I'd do some shopping with my dad, god knows we need more groceries around here, play some uno with F.R.I.D.A.Y, and then eat snacks while watching Netflix."

He chuckles against her skin, "sounds like fun. I'm in."

"Then, come on-" she wiggles free of Peter's grip, dragging him to her bed and switching on her TV to set it to Netflix. She immediately lies on top of him, her bare legs entangling with his as she places her head on his chest, smirking at the pace of his heart. "Excited there, babe?"

His large hands travel down her back slowly before placing themselves on her butt and giving it a squeeze, earning him a yelp and a slap to the chest. Peter chuckles, "I can't help it, Row. You're just so damn irresistible."

"You pervert." She grumbles, her cheeks hot with embarrassment. Despite the other night where she was blatantly making it known that Peter is her boyfriend with her moans and screams, she still finds herself embarrassed by his clever maneuvers, his compliments still setting off butterflies in her stomach.

"That's not what you were saying when you were screaming my name-"

"Yes, yes, I get it." She interrupts the boy before her face grows any hotter, burying her reddened complexion into his chest, "you can shut up now."

Peter laughs, shaking his head, "oh, my Rowan, still embarrassed by anything and everything."

Rowan sticks her tongue out at her boyfriend, a childish remark to his teasing, before snuggling in closer, pulling a blanket over their bodies and pressing play on a cheesy horror movie.
Only an hour passes before the young Stark is out cold, her chest heaving lightly, air escaping her parted lips in light snores. Peter has long forgotten about the movie, his main focus on the beautiful girl in his arms; on how lucky he'd gotten. Never in a million years would he have guessed that he'd been laying up with Rowan Stark, reminisce of her lips on his, her words calling him hers.

They had started from the ground up, their journey one that wouldn't be described as perfect, but it lead them to where they are now. And Peter couldn't be more grateful.

He runs his fingers through her long hair, his lips finding her forehead softly, the girl stirring at his motions before smiling up at him groggily, her eyes still thick with sleep. Rowan places a kiss to his lips, murmuring a sleepy, "I love you."

Peter's heart flutters, despite their month of being official and hearing the phrase hundreds of times, a grin upturning his pink lips. "I love you, Row."