1.6

Rowan waves her arms manically, trying to grab the attention of the chopper that's loaded machine gun is aimed right for her skull. Their vision is soon occupied with the Stark's erratic behavior and paid no mind to the boy to took off until he was no longer in sight.

She, stalling as best as she can without causing any serious harm, conjures up a handful of purple power and allows herself to float carefully above the monument's surface.

"Stand down or we will shoot!"

The brunette cringes, "hurry up, Peter, hurry up."

And it was almost as if Peter heard her whispered pleas, soon the Spider-Man coming in to view as he webs himself to the bottom of the chopper and uses that momentum to swing passed Rowan, grabbing her in the process, before crashing through the glass window closest to his friends. And in the knick of time too. The elevator, its hinges too damaged to hold any sort of weight, begins to fall with Liz, Ned and Mr Harrington still in the midst of the action.

Rowan, acting quickly, uses her skillful powers to bring the falling death trap to a holt, pouring all her energy into making sure three innocent people don't succumb early on in life. But, soon, her body begins to catch up with her constant exertion, her vision beginning to blur and the power seeming to drain ever so slowly.

"Row?" Peter shakes the girl, trying to steady her, "Rowan?"

"I-I-" her sentence soon turns to gibberish, then to silence as she passes out cold, falling forward into the shaft and through the top of the elevator.

"Shit!" Peter curses, his senses coming in clutch as he quickly steadies the elevator with a sturdy web. With his arms shaking and the thought of his girl passed out in the elevator, he slowly pulls the falling object up, grunting and groaning until the doors were visible to the terrified people.

Ned first hands an unconscious Rowan to a park ranger, then out goes himself and the shaken teacher. "Go, go, go. Everybody out! Move it, people. Move it, move it!"

Liz, with obvious hesitance, murmurs, "are you sure it's safe?" She then reaches out, ready to escape her inevitable doom, but then the unthinkable happens: the material attached to the brunette boy's web snaps, leaving the girl plummeting to her death.

Peter, acting quickly, webs his ex-crush, the girl letting out a screech as she dangles by her wrist. "You're okay, you're okay." The boy pulls her up to safety, gripping her hand, "okay."

"So, uh, is everyone okay?" He asks, his voice toned down to mask his real identity.

Everyone nods, his eyes finding Liz's in an unknowing glance before turning to his newfound crush in worry, not liking the sight of her out cold. It was then the elevator crashes down, a loud boom echoing off the walls as the students jump.