1.0

Peter Parker and Ned Leeds stood in the middle of the science lab, the undercover hero hacking away at a glowing purple device with a hammer.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me. Next time you go off to make out with Rowan, let me know." Ned speaks up, his tone accusing as his friend pulls a piece of metal from the illuminating slot.

"Shut up, it was nothing like that. Something came up." He grunts, continuing to hack away at the mechanism used to attack Rowan and him the other night.

"Woah, what is that?" The Asian boy queries, peering over at the machine.

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize me with it." Answers the brunette boy.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome!" Upon receiving a pointed look from Parker, Ned shakes his head, "I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool of that guy. So scary."

Continuing to hack away at the weapon with aggravated grunts, Peter sighs, "Well, look, I think it's...a power source."

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors." The best friend points to the connective wires that secure the power source to its base, "That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

"Whoever's making these weapons is combining alien tech with ours." Peter replies, quickly glancing up at Ned.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you for letting me be part of your journey...into this amazing-" but before the tanned boy could finish his appreciation speech, Peter gives one good swing at the weapon; causing a huge, loud explosion in the process. The boys, along with the rest of the sophomore class, turn to their teacher of whom didn't seem unfazed by the bangs and gasps. He simply continues to stare down at his crossword book, muttering, "Keep your fingers clear of the blades." (Much to the best friends' relief).

The boys then turn back to their station, Peter speaking with a heavy breath, "I gotta figure out what this is and who makes it."

-

"I gotta figure out what this is and who makes it."
Rowan Stark fiddles with the glowing patch, similar to her own powers, that sat in between the prongs. She had managed to snag one of the weapons from the back of the mini van that night, a clever technique that only telekinetics are blessed with, and brought it back to her place to study and probe it until she figured out what the hell the factories are distributing nowadays.

She knew Peter had one too and after that night, one that neither of them would forget, they had grown maybe an inch of an inch closer. Rowan still had her doubts of course. She still mildly hated him; but tolerate him enough to the point where she no longer felt the urge to wrap her fingers around his neck until his face turned blue. Progress, you could say. But, not enough to where she'd take up his offer of tagging alongside him and Ned at school so they could study the weapon together. Of course it hurt Peter; their moment of vulnerability still fresh in his mind as he believed they had gotten past the point of the cold shoulder. But, Rowan is too stubborn. It'd take much more than a hug and a cry for her to completely come to terms with her feelings and kiss the damn boy again.

With glasses sporting her nose, she takes a better look. "This glow. I've seen it before... but how? And when?"
This frustrated her, the lack of knowledge, it was on the tip of her tongue. She just couldn't quite figure it out. She needed more brains... two gigantic brains.
And with dread in her stomach, she knew exactly what needed to be done in order to solve this mystery once and for all.