1.2

Rowan and Peter follow closely behind the crowd of highlighter-yellow jackets, both their bags hoisted over the brunette boy's shoulder in an gentlemanly attempt at impressing the mildly-injured girl who could barely walk on her own anymore.

"Everyone stay together!" Liz speaks up.

"You kidding me? This place is huge." Retorts Charles.

"I've seen bigger if you know what I mean." The perverted bully snickers, nudging the Stark suggestively.

The girl, with a repulsed grimace, draws closer to her acquaintance, spitting out, "if you ever-and I mean ever touch me again, I will personally punch that ugly little smirk off your face."

Flash gulps, clearing his throat before hanging his head, walking away from the few kids who laughed at the boy's obvious fear. Peter pats her arm, "thank god you took care of him before I did... otherwise he'd be dangling by his ankles from that ceiling."

Rowan chuckles, poking his side with a goofy grin, "is someone jealous, Parker?"

The boy, his cheeks flaring up at her undoubtedly true accusation, scoffs, shaking his head. "What? N-no. Of course not."

"He's jealous for sure." Ned, who had been eavesdropping on the lovebirds' conversation whispers, sending the girl a wink.

"I second that." Michelle adds, sending the girl a playful wink as she passes through the crowd.

Peter sighs, knowing his friends had exposed him, but decides to change the subject nonetheless as he turns to his boy best friend, "Hey, you brought your laptop right?"

Ned, his eyebrows furrowed, "Why?"

-

Luckily for the trio, more for Rowan and Peter, they all got stuck in the same hotel room. It was either she roomed with the nerdy boys or a very disgusting Flash and after Peter almost threw a hissy fit, each muscle in his body tensing at the mere mention of some other guy being alone with his crush; Mr Harrington allowed the three to crash in the spacious confinement.

As they secure their door, a 'do not disturb' sign adding extra protection, Ned and Peter unpack, shaking various belongings like wires, the purple weapon core, toothpaste, and braces out of their backpacks. Much to the girl's dismay, the superhero attaches a wire to his suit as his chubby friend uses his laptop, complicated lines of codes flashing through the screen. Peter holds a flashlight with his mouth, working on his suit.

Rowan lies across the bed on her stomach, watching the two tech-savy boys work quickly on their respective devices. Ned then speaks up, "Peter, why are we removing the tracker from your suit?"

This catches the attention of the Stark girl, her eyes widening as she sits up, "Yeah, Pete.. why are we removing the tracker from your suit?"

Without sparing a glance their way, he replies, "Uh, because I gotta follow these guys to their boss before they move again and I don't really want Mr. Stark to know about it."

"So you're lying to Iron Man now? Right in front of his daughter's face?" Ned asks with an incredulous look.

"You're kidding right?" Rowan deadpans, "we aren't actually going to go after those people right?" After a long, tense pause, she speaks again, "please say right!"

"You're not-" Peter starts, glancing at her warily before successfully removing the tracking device, "but I am."

"You're crazy if you think I'm letting you go on your own." The brunette retorts.