1.1

A/N Wattpad was being really annoying so I'm uploading the gif here.

"A decathlon team?"

Rowan peers up at the boy suspiciously, her fork finding its way in her mouth as she warily chews away at her breakfast. It was maybe seven thirty in the morning, the earliest the girl has ever been awake in years, and she could thank a certain spider for her heavy bags and sleep deprived speech slur.

"Yeah! We're down a member and each year we take this huge trip to DC for the scholastic decathlon!" He chirps happily, "are you going to finish that? Because I had to leave really early to get here and I didn't have time to eat anything."

Rolling her eyes she shoves the plate of overcooked eggs (a chef Rowan is not) and sighs, "oh goody me, a classroom full of nerds. Is there anything else you came here to bother me for? I have training in thirty minutes and I have to load up on protein... which you've just eaten by the way, and I don't have time for your geeky lecture."

"Is that a yes?"

"To what?"

"To coming to the decathlon with me?"

"What?" She blinks, "why the hell would I do that?"

Peter frowns, "because I don't want to go alone...?"

"You have Ned." She answers, retrieving a protein bar from the pantry, "Besides, I'm way too busy to fly across the country for some dumb high school thing that I, by the way, am no way qualified for."

"Busy doing what?" Peter watches her with a cocked brow, "playing childish card games with your dad's smartbot? C'mon, Rowan, face it; you're kinda lame."

"Are not!" She cries defensively.

"Are too." He retorts with a chuckle, "I mean I'm not the one to talk... I'm literally the definition of a dweeb, but at least I get out and do mildly amusing things to keep my growing brain entertained. C'mon, Row... live for once."

"Even if I wanted to, my dad would never let me." She murmurs, somewhat offended by her crush's words.

"That's why I talked to F.R.I.D.A.Y." A smirk tugs at the corner's of Peter's lips, "your dad's going to be in Honolulu for the week for some "press conference" no one really cares about. You should be safe for the next seven days."

"Huh." He breaths, am impressed smolder appearing on her full lips, "you really want me to come, don't you?"

With every step she took, the boy's cheeks grew a deeper shade of crimson; definitely giving off the fact that he would rather miss his chance at winning nationals than leave her behind. Peter has grown on her more than Rowan would like to admit... vise-versa. The boy was falling in love, the brunette undoubtedly the same but with Spider-Man's fear of rejection and Imperium's fear of... everything, they wouldn't speak on their feelings. Instead, they let their actions do the talking. The girl, with a huge wave of gratitude and welcoming washing over her, pulls the unsuspecting boy into a hug. Her eyes, a mirror to the pent up emotions inside, shut as she leans into him; their bodies molding into a perfect space. Almost as if they were missing pieces of a puzzle.