1.8

It had been an agonizing walk home for Peter, the confrontation he received from May once he walked through the door something he didn't wish to receive

It had been an agonizing walk home for Peter, the confrontation he received from May once he walked through the door something he didn't wish to receive. But, he powered through it regardless.

"I've been calling you all day. You didn't answer your phone. You can't do that. Then this ferry thing happens. I've called five police stations." His guardian stresses as the young boy approaches from behind, " Five. I called five of your friends."

"I'm fine."

"I called Ned's mother." May retorts.

"May, I'm okay. Honestly. Just relax. I'm fine." Peter replies as his aunt stands from the couch to face him, an unusual angry look on her face as she points at him.
"You. Cut the bullshit. I know you left detention. I know you left the hotel room in Washington. I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just me and you."

Peter takes a moment, the buildup of emotions becoming too much for his brain to repress to the back of his mind as his doe browns fill with tears. "I lost the Stark internship... okay, May? I also lost the only girl I've ever truly loved all because I thought I was doing right by her. But, I wasn't. And I lost her.. Rowan."

The woman frowns, "what?"

"Yeah." He sniffles.

"What happened?"

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could, he would, you know. But I screwed it up." He shakes his head, "and I just wanted Rowan to feel normal." The boy takes a seat next to his older guardian who hugs and strokes him comfortingly.

"Oh... It's okay, it's okay. It's okay." May soothes.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." Murmurs the distressed boy.

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life." His aunt says.

"Yeah, I know."

"Just... I used to sneak out." And with a scowl, the woman leaning in to smell the boy's bay-soaked hair, she speaks, "And take a shower. You smell. You smell like garbage."

With a sigh, he nods, "I know."

-

Rowan sits on the balcony of her room, allowing the breeze to blow her hair behind her back along with the feelings of sadness that carried along with the strong weather. She had yet deleted another voicemail from Peter, the reason she hadn't blocked him yet was unknown. Maybe because deep down, under all that resentment and anger, she still loved him. It's undeniable that both of them cared for each other to a point where they could barely function without talking to each other for more than a day, but Rowan felt way more than caring; she felt the heart hammering, palm swearing, pupils dilating love. As did Peter.

But, she just couldn't get over the fact that she felt angry.

In just dearie times, where the brunette felt so hopeless and lost, she missed the one person who she hasn't heard from in over a month. She misses the late night talks, the cafe runs or where Rowan couldn't sleep and he'd sit down with her over a bowl of popcorn and a rom com until she'd doze off in his arms. It brought tears to her eyes, the reminiscing taking a huge toll on her heart. Oh god, how she missed him.