2.1

Rowan grew up with a whole different perspective on love

Rowan grew up with a whole different perspective on love. She knew she loved Steve and Nat and her dad; but those relationships were solely based off a family dynamic, never thinking more of her two caretakers than.. her mother and father figure. So, the young Stark didn't really know what it felt like to love someone romantically, all those emotions and sweaty palms and dry mouth that came along with liking someone was foreign to her. No one really taught her how to love a boy, it was never really a burning topic amongst the billions of duties that came along with being an Avenger. She just didn't know.

And that's when he came along; the lonely boy from Queens who's sole purpose of living on this earth is to protect the ones he cares about. It's as if her mind spiraled into this dark abyss of confusion, her heart screaming at her that this is what it feels like to care for someone of the opposite sex. It puzzled the girl, derailed her train of thought to the point where, around him, she couldn't distinguish right from left, up from down, side to side.. you get it. Rowan was always told that she were too busy for boys; that they were just a distraction that kept her from meeting her full potential.. that they weren't worth it.

But, soon to find out that Peter Parker would change her perspective instantly, like he reached into her heart and flipped on a switch. And she then realized that loving someone was like a rollercoaster filled with big drops and twists and turns that had you hurling over the side of the cart. It scared her to say the least, that she was suddenly so passionate about a boy who's obsessed with space movies and dug through dumpsters for fun. Rowan soon came to a realization that they weren't all that different that he, just like her, only wanted to feel whole again; belonged somewhere. It was why they were so perfect for each other that, despite their fights and dramatic quarrels that the both of them end up regretting an hour later, they always found each other again. No matter how drastic the circumstances, Rowan and Peter can never separate. It was like their souls remain bonded, their hearts crying whenever each half was separated. The universe didn't want them to screw things up by distancing themselves from their healer, from that last piece of the puzzle they've been doing for years.

And Rowan Stark knew then that she was in love with Peter Parker, there was no going around it; no more hiding behind this curtain of lies that suffocated her feelings. It was time to embrace it, to cherish it, to love him until the day they die.

The young Stark freezes. It was as if someone had ripped her brain from her head and rearranged her whole nervous system to the point where her thoughts became fuzzy and the words she wanted to speak didn't make sense. Rowan is caught off guard, like Peter had just hit her with the worst news possible; but, his words were far from it, almost like shockwave of pleasure that sent her heart into overdrive.

"You-you what?" Rowan blurts out, her words soft as her doe brows locked in with his white spider suit's

"I-I-I love you." Peter retorts, his shaking hands indicating how nervous he felt. Why wasn't she saying it back? "I love you, Rowan. Always have since the first day I laid eyes on you. And-and I know things have been rough lately.. that I've been a complete inconsiderate asshole who only wanted to prove that I meant something to someone, but I want to be with you. I can't sleep knowing you're mad at me, that I caused you pain and it's okay if you don't say it back because-"