0.5

The two best friends walk together down the busy streets, Peter growing progressively aggravated with Ned's obsessive questions while they head to school.

"You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?"

The boy sighs, rolling his eyes as he adjusts the stack of books in his hands, "The spider's dead, Ned."

Walking right past the subway entrance, the boys pause; their eyes meeting the charred remnants of Delmar's. The place, once home to a sandwich shop where Peter stopped by everyday for an after school snack, is surrounded by caution tape and policemen trying to clear the scene. Ned murmurs a surprised comment, shaking his head, "You were here? With your girlfriend?"

"Yeah." Peter answers.

"You could've died...." a heavy pause falls upon the duo before Ned turns to his friend once again, "Do you lay eggs?"

Peter, his brows furrowing, chuckles, "What? No."

Throughout the entire school day, Ned wouldn't stop asking the stupidest questions. With each comment, Peter sighed and rolled his eyes; replying with either 'no, Ned' or 'please shut up, I'm trying to listen'. But, not matter how much the brunette boy denied the syfy questions that only could be seen in movies like Predator, nothing seemed to satisfy his best friend's curiosity. It wasn't until the questions took a hard u-turn onto Rowan Street, that Peter didn't seem to care.

"How does she look up close and personal? I mean- she's absolutely gorgeous on screen, so I'm only assuming she's hotter in person." Ned murmurs during a quiet gym class.

"She's absolutely breathtaking." Peter breaths, his heart aching at the mention of his girl... who wasn't really his girl.

"Awesome." The asian boy replies, a tiny smile tugging at his lips. "Is she-"

Before Ned could complete his presumably perverted question, the gym teacher, Coach Wilson, wheels in a retro box TV with an educational video already fired up. Captain America, in all his striped flag glory, speaks proudly through the screen, "Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield..."

"Do you know him too?" Whispers Ned.

"Yeah-" Peter murmurs back, "I stole his shield."

"What?"

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher...will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge."

After the robotic introduction was over, the teacher speaks, "Thank you, Captain. Pretty sure he's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it." He blows the whistle.

As the duo starts the sit ups portion, The asian boy continues asking, "Do Avengers have to pay taxes? What does Hulk smell like? - I bet he smells nice. -"

"You have to shut up."

"Is Captain America cool, or is he like a mean, old grandpa?"

"Ned, just... shut it, okay?"

Ned, while holding down Peter's feet as he continues his sit ups easily, "Hey, can I be your guy in the chair?"

"What?" Questions Spider-Man, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah. You know how there's a guy with a headset... ...telling the other guy where to go? If you're in a burning building, I could tell you where to go. There'd be screens around me, and I could swivel around. - I could be your guy in the chair." He explains.