0.2

Peter Parker had grown used to going to school with little friends; dealing with the constant taunting and bullying, his name being used as a decoy for a male genitalia that always made him shiver with disgust.

"Hey, Penis Parker."

Peter sighs, shaking his head as he hoists his backpack higher on top of his shoulders. He turns to his best friend, Ned, who continued to rant about the LEGO set he just bought. "Join me, and together......we'll build my new LEGO Death Star."

"What?" Peter murmurs, clearing his throat as some pretty blonde mocks their choice of after school activities. "That's awesome. How many pieces?"

"Three thousand eight hundred and three." The raven haired boy replies.

"That's insane." Adds the teen, a small smile tugging at his pink lips.

"I know. You want to build it tonight?" Asks his companion.

The boy sighs, "No, I can't tonight. I've got the Stark--"

"Stark internship."

Peter shoots Ned a sympathetic frown, "Yeah, exactly."

"Always got that internship." The shorter boy grumbles.

"Yeah, well, hopefully, soon it'll lead to a real job with them." Peter states enthusiastically, his dark browns lighting up at the thought of working together with Rowan. Even though she may hate him at the moment, his feelings far from that, he still wanted to be around her. Lately, all that seemed to occupy his thoughts and keep him up at night, was... her... Rowan.

"That would be so sweet." Ned adds with a smile.

"Right?"

"He'd be all, "Good job on those spreadsheets, Peter. Here's a gold coin." I don't know how jobs work." Murmurs the boy.

"That's exactly how they work." Chuckles the brunette boy.

"I'll knock out the bones of the Death Star at my place. And then, I'll come by afterwards. For the most part, the difficult thing is the base of it. The top half we can knock out in two hours, tops." Ned adds.

Peter nods, "that'd be great."

"Oh and how's that girl doing... Stark's daughter? You wouldn't stop talking about her for the past two weeks and suddenly.. nothing, like she had disappeared." The boy suddenly gasps, his dark eyes widening, "Don't tell me Imperium died!"

"No, she didn't die!" Peter cries, breathing in before lowering his voice; his tone laced with hurt, "I just... I'm gonna be late.. I'll see you later."

-

"Did Liz get a new top?" Peter, who sat alongside Ned in the cafeteria, observes the girl who walks gracefully across the cafeteria with a smile on her face.

"No. We've seen that before, but never with that skirt." Ned replies, eyeing the girl in amazement.

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy though." Peter adds, practically drooling over Liz.

"Too late. You guys are losers." The messy girl, Michelle, who always found a place at their lunch table, speaks up, "and Parker, don't you have a girlfriend? What are you doing slobbering all over Liz?"

"Rowan Stark's mad at him." Ned murmurs. "And if you think we're losers, why are you sitting with us?"

"'Cause I don't have any friends." She retorts timidly, glaring at Ned as she stuffs a French fry in her mouth.

"You know, I don't get why you just don't apologize to the girl-" the raven haired boy starts, "what's so hard about that?"

"You don't get it, Ned.... she's furious with me! I'm talking Luke Skywalker when he found out Darth Vader was his father kind of mad." Peter replies.

"Oh man." Ned shakes his head, "you've really done it now, Pete. I'm sorry, but your girlfriend will never love you again."

"Gee, thanks for the support, bud."

-

"Peter, it's nationals. Is there no way you could take one weekend off?" Suddenly the head teacher of the decathlon, Mr Harrington speaks up; his eyes desperate and his wrinkles scrunched pleadingly.

"I can't go to Washington because if Mr. Stark needs me, then I have to make sure I'm here." Peter replies.

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark." A jerky decathlon member retorts before fist bumping his friend slyly, "or his pretty daughter. But if her and I were in the same room.. there wouldn't be much talking-"

"Hey!" He snaps at Flash, his words seeming to strike the right nerve in Peter's messy set of jealous and hostile emotions.

Before the situation could escalate into a webby catastrophe, Cindy, (a pretty asian girl with long, brown locks), intervenes softly, "Wait. What's happening?"

"Peter's not going to Washington."

"No." Cindy starts, her features evident with panic, "no, no, no, no."

"Why not?" Abraham, Flash's perverted friend, asks.

"Really? Right before nationals." Complains Liz, her full lips downturned in a disappointed frown.

"He already quit marching band and robotics lab." The team turns to the culprit with weird glances. Michelle, growing hot with embarrassment, adds, "I'm not obsessed with him. Just very observant."

"Flash, you're in for Peter." Says the pretty brunette.

"I don't know." Starts the jock, his lips turned up in a cocky smirk, "I gotta check my calendar first. I got a hot date with Imperium coming up."

Abe, clearing the thick tension that grew with the sound of Peter choking on his own saliva, rings a small bell, "that is false."

"What'd I tell you about using the bell for comedic purposes?" Scolds Mr Harrington, "and Flash, we all know how mildly obsessed Peter is with Rowan Stark. So if you'd please save your crude remarks for the bedroom, both the team and Peter will greatly appreciate it."

"I'm not... I'm not obsessed." The boy murmurs, his cheeks flaring up with the fact that his secret had been exposed. Not that he was obsessed, not a stalker in the slightest, but the fact that his feelings towards this girl were finally in the air... for everyone to know, scared him. He didn't know how to react to these newfound emotions and he didn't like it; especially not in front of Liz.

"You're obsessed." Michelle retorts.

"I am not!"

"It doesn't matter!" Cindy screams, "what the hell are we gonna do now?!"

"Just have to figure something out I guess." Peter murmurs just as the last bell rings. The boy slings his backpack over his shoulder before giving his team a closed-lip, guilty smile, "I'm sorry, guys. Have fun without me."

Doing absolutely nothing with your life was almost as bad as having the busiest schedule on the planet. And for Peter, he wishes he had the latter.

He was sat perched on top of a building, the burning sunset illuminating a orangish hue on his spider suit. He had his phone up to his ear, his body language indicating he wasn't having the best of days, as he spoke boringly into the automated voice box of Happy Hogan's number.
"Hey, Happy. Here's my report for tonight. I stopped a grand theft bicycle. Couldn't find the owner, so I just left a note. I helped this lost, old Dominican lady. She was really nice and bought me a churro. I just feel like I could be doing more. You know? Just curious when our next real mission's gonna be. So, yeah, just call me back. It's Peter. Parker. And uh-" the boy hesitates on this part, toying with his suited fingers as he tries to put the broken puzzle pieces together, "how's Rowan? She blocked my number... and every social media known to the internet, and I haven't been able to reach her. Listen, I just want to know if she's okay. Please... let me know she's at least staying out of her room." He sighs, "okay, bye."