Chapter Thirty-Four

May I first apologize for being gone so long! If you follow me, or simply look at any of my other postings/stories, you would see that everything has been on hold for so long. I'm finally getting back into writing and uploading, and since I have actually technically finished this story a long time ago (I simply never found the time to type it up), I figured this should be the first one to receive an update. Again, I apologize for being so long, and I completely understand if many -if not all- of you wonderful readers have left or abandoned me. My writing style's changed slightly over the time I've been gone, and although the story I wrote is still the same, you may notice small variations. I hope this won't prevent you from enjoying my works. I suppose I should stop with my apologies, and simply let you read the next chapter. I don't know how often my updates will be, but I will do my best to update semi-regularly. Enjoy! =^-^=

Reader's P.O.V

The first thing I saw was the sunlight coming through the window to my right. But I don't have a window to my right, so...
Where am I?
I quickly sat up, to find myself in a semi-familiar setting.
If I remember correctly, this is Gladion's room, but...
How did I get here?

After finding the energy to exit the warm bed, I stood up to notice Gladion, who was sleeping on the couch in his room.
He... actually gave up his bed for me... What a sweetheart...

That's when I realized something; I forgot to tell my grandparents that I would be staying at Gladion's... I'm an idiot!

I quickly wrote down a note to Gladion, letting him know that I'd be leaving. After doing so, I grabbed my things and exited the mansion.
Running through the streets, my heart pounded in worry for what my grandparents would say... Or do..
"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you that I'd be staying at Gladion's!" I exclaimed, out of breath, as I barged through the front door.
My grandparents had been in the kitchen, eating breakfast.
"(y/n), it's fine."
"I'll accept any punishment you see... What? Did you just say that it was 'fine'?"
"Yeah. That's what your grandmother said. We figured when you didn't answer that you either lost track of time, or fell asleep. And since we didn't want to interrupt your fun, we simply let you be."
That's when I was finally able to take a huge sigh of relief.
"Thanks for understanding.""
Grandma nodded, before hanging me a plate of eggs and toast.
"I'm guessing you ran here without eating due to your worrying...?"
I could only smile.
They know me so well.

Hau's P.O.V

Ah... Good morning world! Wonder what I'll do to win (y/n)'s heart today...
As I was finally getting out of bed, I thought about inviting (y/n) over, or perhaps even inviting (y/n) to go on a walk with me. How romantic...!
I swiftly pulled out my phone, texting (y/n).
Hello Hau, need something?

Only your undying love and devotion...

Want to go on a walk today?

It wasn't long before I received a response.

Sure. Just let me ready. I'll be over in 20.

20 minutes until then... My love...

Reader's P.O.V

"I'm heading out! Be back by midnight... I hope..."
Muttering the last phrase, I exited the front door and began my commute to Hau's house.
I hope I don't get lost... But with my luck... It's more likely than not that I'll end up at the other end of island...
"Hey, you (y/n)?" A gruff, male's voice questioned.
I turned to see three men, all who looked very pissed off.

"What do you want?" I timidly said, feeling fear from the situation.
"Because of you, our buddy's in jail. I'm afraid we can't let you get away with that."
I don't remember sending anyone to jail...
... Wait! Could it be the one Hau saved me from that they're referring to?
"You're coming with us." One stated, before shooting something like a needle at me.
I didn't have any time to react, before the tranquilizer had pierced its way into my skin.
It didn't take for the tranquilizer to take effect, my mind hazy and my movements sluggish.
... Hau... Please notice that I'm missing...

Hau's P.O.V

It's been two hours since (y/n)'s supposed time of arrival... And now I'm starting to worry...Is she lost? Perhaps she just lost track of time...? But on the possibility that something may have happened..."Tell Gramps that I'm heading out, and that if (y/n) shows up that she should text me." I instructed one of my grandfather's servants, before running out of the house.(y/n), wherever you are... I will find you!