Chapter Twenty

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

After working on my small amount of homework and being lazy, I remembered about the slumber party.

... Is it safe to go, with a murderer on the loose?

Actually, this may be just what I need to calm my nerves down.

So, I began packing everything that I'd need for a slumber party, and things for tomorrow for school, just in case I can't come home before school.

Once I informed on my grandparents on where I'd be, I left, and headed to Lillie and Gladion's mansion.

When I arrived, I was let in, and I had to walk the long driveway to the front door.

... Ugh...

"Hello (y/n)! Glad you could make it. Moon's already here." Lillie said, as she let me in.

"Wait... Does that mean I'm late!?" I questioned, as Lillie was leading me to her room.

"No, you're not. Moon just accidentally came an hour early. She sometimes mis-remembers things." Lillie explained.

"Oh. Okay." I said, before sighing in relief.

Glad that I'm not late.

Lillie then opened the door to her room... This is a bedroom?!

She had a king-sized bed, a TV with three couches, lots of bookshelves full of books, a balcony, a walk-in closet, and a door which led to what I guessed to be the bathroom.

"Wow. Your room's amazing!" I said in awe.

"Thanks." Lillie said.

Moon, who had been playing a video game, turned to us, after pausing the game.

"Hey (y/n)!" Moon said, before running up to me, and giving me a hug, almost knocking me down in the process.

"Nice to see you too." I said.

Moon then pulled away.

"Well, now that (y/n)'s here, the party can officially begin!" Moon said.

"That's right." Lillie commented.

"So, what're we going to do?" I asked.

"How about we play a game? I'd like to see how (y/n) would fair against my skills?" Moon said.

"But Moon, you know the only one who could compete is your brother Sun. There's no way (y/n) could beat you." Lillie protested

Oh really?

"Now I'm intrigued. Let me make an attempt at it. You may be surprised."

"Oh yeah! That's the attitude that I like!" Moon said.

"Well, sitting this one out. I don't really want to go against Moon; I'm not that good." Lillie said.

"If you say so. Let's go (y/n)!" Moon declared, before dragging me to the TV.

After putting down my things, Moon and I decided on a fighting game. The base mechanisms were fairly simple, and the game's style was easy to learn.

Guess that's because of my playing video games with my cousins.

"You ready (y/n)? This will be a one-on-one game with no items and a randomized stage." Moon questioned.

"Yep."

Moon then pressed the start button, and we were taken to a lava stage.

"I'll be rooting for both of you." Lillie said as the battle began.