Chapter Twenty-Three

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

Ah! How could I possibly forget about my date with Sun?!

Due to my forgetful nature, I'm now rushing around the house to get ready for my date who's going to arrive in about twenty minutes.

Ding dong.

Ah! Why's he here early!?

"(y/n), your date's-"

"I know!" I shouted, as I exited my room.

Quickly I ran to the front door, where Sun was waiting for me.

"Hey Sun. Sorry about my... Messiness. I completely forgot, and sleeping in didn't help and-"

"It's fine. You look lovely." Sun reassured me.

"Thanks."

"Well, you two have a fun time. Make sure to be back by midnight, as usual." Grandma instructed.

"I will. Bye!" I said, before exiting the house, and closing the front door.

"Sorry if coming early caused you any stress." Sun apologized.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have slept in until noon for a one-pm date." I admitted.

"Do you always like to sleep in?" Sun asked.

"No. My sleeping varies... A lot."

"Okay."

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked.

"Well, that's up to you. What would you like to do?"

After a minute of thinking, I was finally able to give Sun an answer.

"To be honest, I'd like to explore more of the island. I was only able to see a small portion before school started." I explained.

"Well, you're in luck. Thanks to my sister's curiosity, I've explored every inch of this island."

"Really?!"

"Yep. Just tell me where you'd like to go, and I'll take you there."

"Well... I'd love to see the MeleMele Meadow. I've heard that the flowers there are absolutely stunning." I said.

Sun nodded.

"Then I shall take you there."

"Great! Lead the way!" I said, before using my hands to motion for him to walk in front of me.

Sun did so, but not before grabbing my hand.

"What're you-"

"We are on a date, right? If so, I have to treat my Princess with the highest treatment possible." Sun explained.

"But why'd you grab my hand?" I questioned.

"So it'd be easier for you to not trip when I lifted you onto my shoulders." Sun said as he picked me up.

I was slightly startled As Sun put me on his shoulders.

"Are you sure this is alright? Will I hurt your back or shoulders?" I asked in worry.

"You won't, I promise. Well, off to MeleMele Meadow we go!" Sun said, before walking off... While carrying me.

I appreciate the effort to make me comfortable, so my feet won't hurt, but I think he's going too far.

"Hey Sun, I can walk."

"I know you can. I'm just trying to make this date as enjoyable as possible. So, please, let me do just that."

I sighed.

"Alright, I guess I can do that." I said.

Even though I couldn't see it, I could tell that Sun was smiling.

I then smiled myself.

Sun truly is a sweetheart.

Hello everyone! Hope you're still enjoying the story. Sorry I took so long to update. Stress to update my 10+ stories have been stressing me out. But I hope to have a schedule up soon, so it won't be too stressful. Later! =^-^=