09 | this isn't a formal gathering

Start from the beginning

I completely disagree. I don't need to know them to hate them. But nevertheless, I found myself cleaning the house. Even though it was already cleaned that week. A couple of minutes before people were supposed to arrive, I locked the door to my bedroom, sliding the key in my phone case. I don't know where everyone was supposed to sleep, but I was partly nervous about them sleeping in my bedroom. After what happened last time I didn't doubt one of the girls would try to wake up in the middle of the night and search around my bedroom.

So instead I got a variety of fluffy blankets and pillows, moved the coffee table out of the way, and spread them out on the ground. People could sleep on the ground, like a normal sleepover.

At exactly 6:59, the doorbell rang. Opening it to greet the girls, I sighed in relief when seeing it was just Savien. She carried nothing but an extra pillow and a small bag with clothes for tomorrow and bathroom items. She was already changed into pajamas.

"Thank God it's you. I really don't want the girls to come," I said, step aside to let Savien in.

"It can't be all that bad. Plus, if anything goes down I got your back," Savien followed me into the living room and placed her pillow on the couch, flopping down. "So what are we gonna do?"

"I don't even know. Watch a movie, maybe? Order food, the basic sleepover things," I said. "I was gonna use this night to talk more about everything going on but we can't now that they're here."

Savien nodded. "We should get pizza. Or Chinese food! I love Chinese food, it really hits the spot."

Savien rubbed her stomach, pretending to drool. Laughing, I threw one of the pillows at her and sat down on the couch next to her. "Watch those idiots show up 'fashionably late'."

"Showing up late to a sleepover is BS and you might as well not even come," She said. "Why don't we answer the door fashionably late when they knock."

I laughed again, maybe this wouldn't be too bad. I wish the girls weren't coming, though, so I could've invited Rachel."

In the meantime, Savien and I agreed to watch Call Me By Your Name. We found out we both saw the movie 3 times already but decided to watch it again anyway because Timothee was hot and it was such a sad and happy love story.

"After watching this, I'm gonna go jack off in the bathroom to pictures of his face," Savien said, flipping sideways and laying down on the couch.

"Ew! Wait till you get home please," I said, smiling.

At that very second, the doorbell rang. Checking the time on my phone, I got up. "7:15. So much for fashionably late."

Savien laughed, and I went to open the door. In all their glory, the 3 girls were standing there, each with a backpack and second purse, changed into dresses they were not wearing earlier. "Hey, come in. You're missing the movie," I said.

Brandy and Zia smiled back. "Hey, sorry we were late," Zia said, stepping instead with Brandy. Tao scowled but gave a small smile a second later. It was fake, but at least she tried.

I brought them into the living room, and Brandy and Zia didn't say anything sitting down on the couch. But Tao... "We're sleeping on the floor?"

"No, the pillows and blankets are for display," Savien said before I could say anything. Brandy and Zia laughed, waving Tao over who was still holding her bags.

"Just sit down Tao," Brandy said, smiling.

"I'm gonna go change into my pajama's," Zia said, getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

"Same," Brandy followed.

Tao sat a distance anyway from me and Savien. Not saying a word, just watching the movie. Eventually the girls came back out changed into their pajamas and sat on the couch. 

"How do you feel about Chinese?" Savien asked now that everyone was here.

"Sounds good to me," Brandy and Zia both nodded their heads.

"It's okay, I guess. I was thinking we could order from La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro. They have really good food and they are 5-star-."

Cutting Tao off, Savien laughed. "It's a sleepover not a formal gathering, Tao."

The tension between Savien and Tao thickened, but it was weird because everyone partly agreed with Savien too. Pulling out my phone, I opened the notes app. "What does everyone want? I'll order now so we don't end up eating too late."

They all gave me their orders. And we ended up agreeing to buy double the food than everyone needed because half of the girls couldn't decide so just got two meals. I was one of them. Going into the kitchen, I dialed the local Chinese Restaurant. They weren't actually that local, it was a place in China Town about 30 minutes away. Giving them the order, and then ordering 6 bubble teas after finding out they sold it as a drink, I hung up.

Spinning around to go back to the livingroom, I saw Savien hurrying up to me. "They're planning something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know yet. But Tao's had the camera app open on her phone the whole time she's been here. And I think she's looking for the cameras you mentioned at lunch. And she said she was going to go change but tried to get into your bedroom instead of the bathroom and played it off by saying it was the wrong door," Savien rambled. "And I think they are texting each other. Brandy is texting somebody and every couple of seconds one of the other girls' thumbs starts moving."

"You're probably right," I groaned. "Of course they have something up their sleeve. They wouldn't want to come otherwise."

Narrowing my eyes at Tao coming out of the bathroom, changed. I tried to think of what they could possibly be planning.

"We should just stay on edge. They are definitely going to try something, so just be careful," Savien said.

I nodded my head and we returned to the living room to finish the movie.

And Saiven was right.

Not once did Tao leave the camera app. 

And halfway through the movie, she started pressing record.

Song Of The Chapter: Two faced - SLCHLD

I'm trying.

I'm fucking trying.

I've only been doing this for two fucking days.

Ok but deadass Idk why it takes so much brainpower to write each chapter. Maybe because I don't know how to continue a book because I eventually stop writing almost every book halfway through it.

But ANywAY

Question: What do you think Tao was planning?

Please vote and comment and so on and so forth,

Much love - Kujiis :)