They were probably thinking I wasn't going to show up at all today.

"Good afternoon. Everything is fine, I had a few things to do this morning." I lie through my teeth "Dennis, Stephanie, I want to see you both in my office in 40 minutes." I need to bite back a smile when I see the horror expressions on their faces while I pass through them and enter my office.

I won't lie - I kinda love to see how worked up I can have those two with a simple sentence. I don't want them to be scared of me, it's not that, but I think it's good when people that are under you, hierarchically speaking, get nervous about seeing you - it shows who have the control over the situation, and I would rather it'd be me surprising them, then the other way around.

The smile fades from my lips in the moment I step inside of my office. I was hoping to have at least a few minutes by myself before bumping into Harry again, but he is already here. I'm kinda nervous on how to act around him - I mean, I'm totally in favor of pretending this morning has never happened, but I have no idea how he is going to act. What if he uses it in his favor, to taunt me even more? What if he holds the fact that I kissed him against me?

Fuck, I shouldn't have done that.

I blame the sleep deprivation. If I wasn't so tired, I wouldn't let my guard down to the point of letting my instincts and that other part of me taking control of myself. Because at the end of the day, I know I was the one to start everything. I was the one who initiated the kiss.

He is not sitting behind the big, wooden table as he would normally be. Instead, he is sitting on the white armchair, the same one he was yesterday when I first got here, and he ignores my presence completely. He is using big headphones, the music blaring so loud it's leaking a bit, but I don't recognize what he is listening to, and he seems to be deep in thought, his back curved, chin in his hand, elbow in his lap, eyes looking down, frowning. 

Today he is not wearing one of those hideous suits he seems to like so much

Today he is not wearing one of those hideous suits he seems to like so much. Instead, he is rocking an outfit that my grandfather would envy. Colored striped knitted vest, black and white striped dress shirt underneath, large grey pants and what I think are black Vans shoes. What is up with his wardrobe?

I don't know what pisses me off the most - the fact he is looking like a fucking grandfather or that he pulls it off perfectly, looking as handsome as always and somehow making this absurd outfit look so great. From the ludicrous amount of rings he uses on his fingers, with the cocky H and S on his left hand to the silly painted nails, everything he wears displays his personality, the contrast of old-fashioned clothes with flashy accessories, colored nails with black tattoos, a mix of delicate and rough.

I'm pulled out of my own rambling mind when Harry looks up, his eyes locking on mine and making my heart jump immediately. I open my mouth to say something, but he just gives me short nod, barely acknowledging my presence before he looks down again, completely unfazed, eyes back to the hand on his lap, his head moving in the same slow, rhythmic beat I can hear leaking from his headphones. Snapping out of my contemplative state, I shake my head, quickly crossing the office and going behind my desk, the click of my heels against the hardwood floors pulling me back to reality.