I cleared everyone out of the way and Rogue lay Nessie down in the surgical office on the gurney. I had everything prepared and started moving around at vampire speed, hooking Nessie to monitors and an IV so she would still stay hydrated. In the meantime, we had to stop the bleeding before she bled out. As I carefully touched Nessie's stomach, she let out low scream that had everyone shuddering. Rogue quickly went to the other side and produced a massive syringe, before we could say anything, she dipped the syringe—which was already filled halfway with some blackish substance—and filled the rest of the syringe with Nessie's blood.

            Jacob was on the verge of passing out himself, he couldn't handle Nessie in so much pain. I had to give him some anti-anxiety meds and Jasper quickly started using his mood enhancing skills on Jacob which helped a lot but didn't completely stop as Jacob started to shake. At that point, whether Jacob wanted to or not, Seth dragged him outside. We couldn't risk him phasing in that little room and breaking all of the surgical equipment.

        I had work to do to stop the bleeding as Nessie was writhing in pain. I decide to give her a dose of morphine. As soon as the needle went into the IV, Nessie got glassy eyed and stopped screaming but the blood continued to come out of her.

            Esme and Amy were on hand to help with covering and taking the dead little one from Nessie as it came out so she didn't have to see it. They covered it up and Amy held it away so no one would see it. Just then a cloud of smoke appeared and a little ugly man appeared cackling with glee. He seemed to be dancing around like a little freak with excitement as he took in the sight of Nessie on the table; knocked out by the drugs by now.

"Well hello there my pretty. My my that's a lot of blood. Everything went according to plan, I see. Goodie goodie. Now where is your little ball of goodness, I'll be taking it with me now!" He clapped his thin withered hands looking around. It was as if he didn't see the rest of us looking at him with horror on our faces.

"Not so fast Rumpelstiltskin." Rogue said from behind him as he whirled around to face her, his face distorted by the name. Alexander wasn't off when describing him before.

"How dare you call me that? I am Daihok the powerful!" Rogue rolled her eyes.

"Yeah whatever, you're a twerp. The only power you have is to cause pain because you're selfish and have nothing better to do with your stupid self but go after defenseless people."

"Twerp? Who do you think you are?" He looked at her with scorn. Now mind you he was no more than 4 feet tall while we all know Rogue towered at around 6 or 6'1ft. So she could of just stepped on him and called it a day.

"Me? I'm a God. You know, what you used to be before you got greedy and Zeus banished you. Something you can never be again. That's been a thorn in your side. So you are blaming humans on your own poor judgment and dumbass actions. Pretty pathetic. So now all you do is run around the world with your equally dumb subjects causing pain and hardship." She said calmly.

            The calmer she was speaking, the more enraged he got until he was bright red. We were worried that he would hurt someone but remembering what Rogue had previously said, Bella stretched her shield around all of us save the Watchers in the room. So we were safe and Rogue didn't much care if she pissed off the tiny ugly thing. In fact, she seemed to be enjoying herself. But she did have a bit of masochistic streak when it came to her and our enemies; she wouldn't think twice about inflicting any kind of pain on those who had done the same to us. An eye for an eye. Finally Daihok screeched:

"You know nothing about pain! I love it!!! I love causing pain! Pain makes you feel alive! Pain is my life!"

"Well I'm glad you said that." Without so much as a blink, she revealed the syringe she had been holding and at lightning speed before Daihok could jump away or vanish, stabbed him in the chest with the syringe and emptied all the contents into him.

"You love pain so much, now see how much you love feeling it as you die!" She said equally calmly as he stumbled away from her his face awash with terror and fear.

"You...you....killed me...." He mumbled as he collapsed.

"And you can die a coward just like in life you were one." She said as we all watched him slump over. Then with a wave of the hand, she incinerated him. The flames didn't touch anything else in the house and were gone once they consumed their target.

            Once that was over, she smiled into the corner of the room and said: "it's time". Just then a bright cloud appeared before us and a beautiful winged angel stood before us. Amy handed the dead fetus to the angel who smiled and wordlessly disappeared as we watched in shock. The angel looked a bit familiar though none of us had ever seen her before or so we thought. Rogue reading our minds said:

"You have but she was in a different shape. We were on the "other side" and she looked like the grim reaper. That was death. She is a white angel of death when she takes souls up to heaven as she did now with Nessie's baby. Depending on where is she, she changes appearances."

"Rogue, what was that black substance in the syringe that you mixed with Nessie's blood to kill Daihok?" Edward asked as he stood near Nessie's bed as she was still totally out cold from the blood loss and morphine.

"Oh that was the blood of Cerberus.  He was willing to donate for a good cause. In order to kill a demon like Daihok, you need the blood of an even more powerful demon and with the victims' blood as well." She explained.

"So that's why you went to the other side." Jacob concluded as he was sitting near Nessie by this time and stroking her hand. Rogue nodded.

"Hades was busy as was the Hydra as I couldn't find it anywhere either. But Cerberus is always around when I need help and though he isn't a fan of needles, I explained to him what was going on, he got very angry and wanted to come to this side to eat Daihok. But I told him we had to do it the appropriate way. So all three heads closed their eyes as I drew his blood." She smiled a bit at the memory.

"Go figure, a 3 billion+ year old 'puppy' is squeamish." Corin chuckled.

"What happens with Nessie now?" Jacob asked me seriously then.

"Well we got her blood stopped, she's going to stay here at the house to recover fully or until she can go back home with you. She's going to be in some pain for a while. But I have plenty of morphine for her. Though I think her pain will be more emotional and psychological then physical. We'll help her as much as we can. Just take things slowly with her." Meanwhile, I also gave Nessie a few blood transfusions to add to what she had lost.

        I told Bella, Edward, and Jacob as we cleaned her up and moved her into recovery, where she slept like a beautiful angel that she was. Many think that after an event as traumatic as this, the hard part is over when in reality it's only the beginning. I prayed that Nessie would find her strength and lean on others for it. Her loss was incomprehensible to us and she'll have to come to terms with it. In the meantime, many went back to their respective homes for some rest as it was a long night and the sun was coming over the hills. We forced Jacob to get some sleep on a cot near Nessie's bed while Bella and Edward sat nearby.

What a night.......now the waiting begins. I need a glass of wine and I'm not the only member of the family this time either.

~Carlisle Cullen