Back to the Future

A/N: this will read somewhat like a whacky episode of the 80s GI Joe cartoon and I need you to know that I'm okay with that.
{**}

A circular platform in the middle of room reflected the sterile white lights above it. Wires crossed to outlets connected to whatever hardware was underneath it.

The raving doctor walked to the various computers lining the walls, muttering to himself and every once in a while calling out to his captive.

"We can go back. We can finally go back," he said.

"And do what exactly Doctor Masher? You have to wonder why no one has ever come to us saying they're from the future," Temper pointed out, beginning to wiggle her hands out of her restraints.

"Xander here is going to go back and kill General Hawk before he ever takes the mantle for the Joes and tell the Cobra Commander of that time where the Pit is before we attacked it for the warheads. No Joes then, no Joes now," he says flipping a few switches.

The platform's surface began to warp as though it was water instead of metal.

Xander stepped forward to the newly formed portal as Temper freed one hand.

Doctor Masher continued to speak, "We can not be certain where you'll end up, most likely near where you are during that time, but avoid yourself. Remember, Hawk will be in an underground base in New Mexico until the end of August. We've tried to set the algorithm a few weeks before to give you the most time."

A cobra soldier grabbed her free hand to stop her before she fully escaped. Another released her other hand and cuffed them back together, but at least she was no longer attached the pole. She counted that as a win until they pulled her closer to the platform.

Doctor Masher came close and put a watch-like device around her wrist.

"What the hell are you doing?" she asked, pulling away but unsuccessfully.

"Come now, you don't think we would send in our operative without first sending a guinea pig?"

She felt a firm shove before she was falling into the portal below her.

{**}

A pounding headache was the first sensation to reach her before she reached her hand to her head. She couldn't feel any wounds and didn't want to worsen it by opening her eyes.

Nevertheless, as memories came back, curiosity got the best of her.

A swell of relief washed over her as she realized she was in the clans.

She got up from the mat she was sleeping on as quickly as her body would allow.

Finally upright, she shuffled to the door before it opened

"Snake Eyes!" she said, rushing forward to hug him.

He stiffened at her touch and quickly separated himself from her.

It was then the metaphorical ice water was dumped on her head.

She looked at his face, much younger than what she had seen daily for years now. He was still lean and muscular but less filled out.

Who are you?

"Wait a minute, how old are you?" she asked. "You have to be nineteen by this point."

Yes. But that doesn't answer the question.

"I don't get it. We've met before. It's me, Temper."

At this he stiffened, and began to sign, Lady Kowarenai is 16 years old. I admit you look similar to her, but so do her sisters. I'll ask again, who are you?