An Alpha's Alpha

A/N: Why is it that so many werewolf stories have these abusive guys? And then they start to show all their 'love' to these girls and it's okay because 'he's changed for her'. Which so rarely happens in real life or like, he hasn't even really changed.

So many people are writing about how the girl has been kidnapped, or sold, or came from nothing and now she's a Luna because her mate saved her, or she's been rejected, raped, cast out. And, of course, her mate is an alpha. Why wouldn't he be?

Anyways, that's my little rant. On with the story.

This is like a comic/movie-verse. Adult themes at the very end, nothing explicit, only implied.

{**}

Snake Eyes walked through the halls of the clan until he was outside and facing the woods.

Scarlett appeared through the trees and walked up to him.

"Sorry, couldn't wait for the run. It's a nice night though," she said, passing him and going inside the temple.

He continued to walk through the trees until the temple lights faded from his view. Taking a quick survey of his surroundings, he stripped down and stowed his clothes near a hallowed tree.

There was an itch beneath his skin and he shifted, satiating it. The bones that cracked and reformed ached from the dormancy.

The immediate difference in height had disoriented him for a few seconds before he began to walk and then run.

It wasn't until he caught an unfamiliar scent that he came to an immediate halt in his pace. The scent was ridiculously sweet almost nauseating. And he couldn't help but follow it as his wolf moved forward.

He pulled back with all his strength and shifted to stop from going forward. A wave of excruciating pain came over him and flooded out. He looked up a the sound of a twig snapping and saw a woman standing there. The moon filtered through the trees and reflected off her hair and illuminated her form.

The whole shock of the situation was enough for the both of them to ignore their respective nakedness.

You're my mate, he signed.

"I'm sorry," Temper said in Japanese. "I'm not sure what you're saying." She began to back away. "Just stay away."

And she turned and ran. Leaving Snake Eyes more confused than ever.

{**}

I found my mate, Snake Eyes signed to Scarlett the next day.

"I'm sorry, what?" she questioned, stepping aside so he could come into her room.

I found my mate. Last night in the woods.

"Are you sure?"

Yes, but she... ran. I don't know who she is.

"Do you think she's a part of the clan?"

I don't know. Could be, with where we are. That forest has quite a few clans around it.

"Are you going to go look-"

The door opened as Duke came into the room.

"Hey, Snake Eyes," he said.

The ninjas nodded at him and left, walking back down the halls and into the forest without another thought.

He felt the familiar itch underneath his skin, the need to change. He clenched his teeth and rolled out his shoulders, ignoring the feeling as he continued into the woods.