Pranks and Angry Ninjas

Ripcord came running into the Alpha Team's recreation room, panting. The team turned to him in confusion. He lifted his head up and stumbled over to the couch. "Someone has to help me," he wheezed, "angry ninja."

They all looked to Snake Eyes who was sitting on his mat looking back at them. They started to get really confused until they heard a familiar female voice.

"RIPCORD!" Temper yelled. She stopped at the doorway and put both hands on either side of the door frame. She caught her breath and walked over to the man who was about to feel her wrath.

"What is that?" Scarlett asked, running a finger down Temper's arm, getting a slick substance that coated Temper's enter back side.

"Grease," Ripcord informed, trying to stop a laugh from slipping out.

"Grease?" Scarlett questioned.

"Yes, Rip greased the entire damn floor of the sparring room," Temper spat out angrily.

"Ma'am," Temper turned around to see a soldier holding a mop and a bucket, "you asked for these?"

"Yes, I did," Temper confirmed. The soldier nodded and placed the two items next to the door outside of the rec room. Temper turned to Ripcord. "Since you caused this, you get to clean it up."

Ripcord looked at her, shocked. He had been expecting her to yell or beat him up.

"Well okay," Ripcord shrugged, gladly taking this punishment over anything else she could be doing to him. He got up and walked over to the mop and bucket.

Behind his back Duke leaned over to whisper in Temper's ear.

"What are those things on the door?" Duke asked looking at two semi-circular devices on opposite sides of the doors. She placed them there when she came into the room.

"You'll see," Temper replied. The moment Ripcord stepped in the doorway blue paint sprayed him and dripped down his body. The team laughed at his expense. Even Snake Eyes' had laughed in his own silent way. Ripcord turned, wiping off paint from his eyes so he could open them.

"This is war," Ripcord informed Temper.

{**}

Temper woke up to an intruder alarm and rushed to the door. Upon opening her door, she found herself being bombarded by plastic cups filled with ice water that she guessed Ripcord had meticulously stacked to lean on her door.

Later, as she was chasing Ripcord with a bowl of flour she grabbed from the kitchen. Everyone steered clear of two as they raced down the halls. Ripcord made the mistake of running into a dead end in the west wing barracks. Turning around, Ripcord held his hands up in front of his face to protect himself and yelled something she never thought she would hear.

"Snake Eyes did it!" Ripcord shouted. When nothing happened he peeked through his hands to see a shell shocked Temper.

"What do you mean... Snakes did it?" she asked.

"I had the idea, but he helped stack them against the door so that when you opened it, they fell." She left Ripcord to hide and sought out the black clad ninja.

{**}

"Snakes!" Temper greeted as she walked over to the man in the mess hall. She held the bowl of flour in one hand, casually balancing it on her hip.

Couldn't find Ripcord?

"Why would I be looking for Ripcord?" she questioned, feigning confusion.

Because of the prank he pulled this morning.

"Oh, right! That. But, you see, I was thinking about it. And I came to the realization that he couldn't have stacked those cups so perfectly, in a short amount of time, without waking me up. Therefore, he must have had help."