Private Island

Sunlight filtered through the cracks of the curtains. Temper groaned and softly nudged Snake Eyes with her elbow. He moved his arms to hug her tightly from behind and promptly rolled them both to the other side so the sunlight was hitting their backs instead.

Temper pulled the sheets back up to her chin and snuggled in closer to Snake Eyes as humanly possible. Her back burned pleasurably from the warmth his body provided and she hoped that he didn't wake up any time soon and insist that they do something.

It took months to get him to agree to take time off and even then she could only get him to agree to three days. She had to pull some strings and a few favors with a couple of people she knew. It paid off as they were spending three days of bliss on a private island in the Caribbean. 

They had got in last night and Temper was glad to see the fridge fully stocked with just about everything imaginable. It meant they didn't have to find a way to get food and she didn't have to strangle someone for not doing as she asked. 

After shooting a quick thank you text to her younger sister and brother-in-law, Temper showed Snake Eyes around the place before ending up in the bed room. 

Which left them where they are now. Sleeping in with Snake Eyes vaguely wondering what time it was and Temper hoping he wouldn't find out. 

Snake Eyes moved to grab her hand. Time?  he wrote into her palm.

Without opening her eyes she wrote into his hand, Sleep. Feeling quite pleased with her answer to him, she dug her head farther into the pillow and brought his arm back around her waist. 

Snake Eyes let her be for another hour before pulling away. She almost scared him by how fast she turned and latched on him, groaning about giving her another hour of sleep and how cold she was. 

He chuckled and got out of bed, Temper and all, with the sheets still wrapped the both of them. He made his way to the kitchen, assembled a bowl of fruit, and settled down on a couch in what looked like an open living room with a fire place. 

Snake Eyes picked up her hand agains and wrote into her palm, TV?  He expected her to mumble out where a room might be but instead she pointed to a side table next the couch. Snake Eyes opened the small drawer to see a remote but didn't see a television in sight. Temper grabbed it out of his hands and pressed the very top button. Above the fireplace, a panel of wall moved away to reveal a large television that popped to life. 

Hearing a soft giggle, he looked to Temper who was looking up at him and repositioned herself so her back was to him. 

He wrapped his arms around her and signed, How did you manage to get us this?

"It didn't take much. I just had to make sure food and transportation was arranged and ready," Temper answered, flipping through channels until she found one playing a decent movie. 

And you know where to look to find a private island? 

"Sure, best realtors I know. Helped me find an uninhabited island, an architect, a building team, and all at a decent price." 

You're telling me you own this house? 

"I own the island and everything on it. So yes, the house is included." 

She looked up and could practically see the gears turning in his head, his hands poised to ask a question.

Is there some second income I am unaware of? Or is everyone lying about women getting the short stick when it comes to the wages? 

Temper let out a short laugh, before answering, "It's family money, some inherited. But the majority of my profits that went towards the island came from investments." 

So, you're kicking it with the one percent and I had no clue? 

"No, I'm kicking it with my trophy husband," Temper said, a sly grin coming upon her face. 

Snake Eyes couldn't help but chuckle, signing, Pretty sure a trophy husband is younger than the woman. 

"You know me, I love bending the rules," she said, leaning up and kissing his jawline. 

He flipped through the channels and Temper groaned a little when he stopped at the news. 

He tried to focus, not on Temper, but on the current events. It got hard when she started to move around on top of him while trying to find a better sleeping position. 

He turned down the volume a little bit in hopes that maybe then she would calm down and stop moving. 

However, it didn't work and he tried controlling his breathing so his blood didn't rush all to one spot. 

"Great now I can't go back to sleep," she muttered. 

Great, just perfect, he thought to himself bitterly. 

"Snake Eyes?" she questioned, looking over to him. 

He looked at her and saw a wicked smile come upon her lips. 

"What's it going to take to get you back to bed?"

Not much.