•Chapter XXIV•

•Chapter XXIV•

I'll stitch my wounds with dreams and the next time you hurt me, I'll bleed stars.

<•••••∆•••••>

  Octavian was convinced that I was carrying his child since that was generally what happened once mates bonded together for the first time. If I was carrying his child he would be very territorial and protective of me which is not what I wanted.

I wanted to have his children but not now. Not while a war marched onto our land, not while they could be in danger. I was scared that I would have to raise a child without its father. I was scared because I finally had a chance to help my clan when I failed to do so before.

I locked myself away since this morning when we met with Orien and Queen Tatiana. It was now dark outside and not long before the next sunrise. My future is a trial of the strongest will stand and in this case, I can't risk Octavians life. If he falls, we all fall. I felt vibrations trail through the ground leading just outside our quarters. The heavy mahogany door flew open with a purpose and there stood  Zeth.

"There's a child here looking for you." He said.

I stood from the bed in puzzlement.

"What child?" I asked.

"She says her name is Vivian."

I run out of the room and down the corridor trying to find Octavian.  I was afraid that someone might hurt her since she's human. Child or not.

"Octavian!" I yelled.

I was running barefoot on the the cold ground. Hearing my feet pat against the rock. I ran around the corner and found Octavian, my uncle Shåin and David all stood in a circle around something. I pushed my way between them and found a small, young, brunette girl sitting In somewhat of a fetal position. She was overwhelmed and I could feel how scared she was but I don't think it was entirely because of us. Her face was dirty and her cloths were ripped, I wanted to hold her.

"Where did she come from?"

They all turned to me.

"I brought her here."

I turned to find Janina walking in behind me.

"Where did you find her?" I asked.

"In a cell with the king. Apparently your evil step mother is taking over." She said.

"Vivian?" I asked gently.

She looked up at me.

"I'm Rayna. Can you tell me what happened to Orien?"

"She hurt him and she's coming for you." She said quietly.

"Can we talk to you?" Octavian asked.

I nodded and walked out of the room with Shåin, Octavian, and Janina while David stayed to look after Vivian. I didn't want to leave her even though I didn't know her, I felt protective and it was an unfamiliar feeling.

  "Orien has been imprisoned because Tatiana found out about his hand in helping you escape." Said Shåin.

"As you have already figured out, she is a siren. A very old one at that." Janina added.

"A siren?" I asked.

I knew of a lot of different species but a siren I was unfamiliar with.

"Sirens are the mythical water beings who drag men to the sea floor and devour them." Said Octavian.

"Yes, that is their origin but not what they truly are. Sirens are also called water witches and can manipulate things you see, hear and touch. Masters of manipulation and very beautiful but lustful for blood and power. She does feed on humans to stay alive and young." Janina explained.

I soaked up the information as much as possible. Tatiana was a murderous water witch that carved the power of the crown. She wanted me dead because I could overthrow her as queen since I'm the heir the first king Orien.

"Does that mean Vivian and Orien are like her?"

"Not exactly. Men don't obtain the powers of a Siren but Vivian can. Only if she wants to that is. She has a choice to make." Janina Clarified.

I was relieved to say the least. I knew Tatiana was cruel but I had no idea how deep this evil flowed. She only had children to keep herposition as queen and now that she can take over, she no longer needs them around.

"What was she going to do to them?" I asked Janina.

"I know she was planning to sell Orien in the next village but I think she was planning to keep Vivian for the guards via their request. That's why Vivian is shaken up... I almost didn't get there in time and Orien was so badly beaten but he wouldn't let me take him."

"Why not?"

"He wanted me to save Vivian..."

My heart broke for him and Vivian. We were blood and I couldn't be there to save them when they needed me most. Orien came to me for help, not only as a king but as my brother. I was afraid for him and angry at how close Vivian was to being used. She was tossed aside by her own mother as if she meant nothing and I feared that some part of her thinks she deserves to be treated that way. Who knows howugh abuse Tatiana gave to Vivian. Who knows what lines she crossed to break her.
One thing was for sure, there was going to be a war between us. I just didn't know how long before it marched to our front gates. I had to kill Tatiana because with her here, no one was safe.

"Where did you go?" Octavian asked Janina.

  "Father knew he was going to die and knew our time was limited. After all Tatiana killed his dragon." she confessed.

"What?" We all asked.

"Father had mortal needs and feelings.... And Tatiana used those against him many years ago. Poisoned him in his sleep. Not long after he met you." She said looking at me.

"That still doesn't explain where you've been." Said Octavian.

"I'm getting to that... Father told me to fly to our sister clans and ask for help. It was his last command as clan leader and I obliged."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying, I got us an army."