56. The angle of my life

Preeti's point of view

"if your heart is saying that he is innocent then follow your heart because now what I am going to say, you need a heart to hear it."

Kshama took her phone from her hand bag and started looking in it something.

"here... Read all this." kshama said while giving me her phone.

I gasped when I read the news about Siddharth on Google.

"he can't do such sins kshama. I know my Siddharth. He can't rape any girl." I said while looking at her with my teary eyes.

"He can't do such sins." I said with my shaky voice.

My body felt numb. My whole body started shaking in fear. Suddenly My heart started feel heavy.

"when you told me about him that he met you and asking for a second chance. I was so angry and I could not stop myself searching information about him." kshama looked at me concerned.

I don't know what to say or what to do. I just felt numb. My mind stop working.

"but when I read all this I was confused. Few things are didn't fit right in place. So I dig deeper." she said.

"what do you mean?" I asked her collecting myself.

"According to the sources this Anna Smith is one of the board member of his company. When Siddharth's father handed the company to him as C.E.O. , this Anna Smith along with some board members opposed this. But majority of board members voted in Siddharth's favour so as a chair person and a founder of kapoor group his father give the post to him as he think Siddharth is ready to take over the company."

I heard every single word what kshama is saying. I know Siddharth got busy when he take over the company on his shoulder. He had started less talking to me. His whole focus is on company. He even scold me once brutally when I disturb him and I caught fever for a week.

"but with in a month some clients of his company, filed a fraud case against Sid's company. When this news came out, Kapoor's group shares suddenly drop down in the share market, that his company is almost near to the bank currpsy. His clients demanded the arrest of Siddharth as he is the C.E.O of the company. Latter Siddharth took all the responsibility on his head and surrender himself to the police, and you know,.. the date when he got arrested... "

My heart beat stopped and I held my breath when I felt she was going to say something which shock me to the core.

"do you remember the date when he called you to broke the engagement...?"

How could I forget that date. That was the black day of my life. When my life turned upside-down. That was the day when I lost my love. That was the day when my love told me that he doesn't love me anymore.

I nodded my head as yes.

"that was the same day when he got arrested. That was the same day when he surrender himself to the police." kshama said while looking into my eyes.

I gasped and put my hand on my mouth. My eyes are wide open in shock. I never thought in my wild dream that was happening with him. I always cursed that he didn't love me the way I do to him but I never thought he was in a pain.

I lower down my head in guilt.

"when he came out from jail after getting a bail, he got engaged to This Anna Smith who is 6 years older than him." kshama said with a sarcastic laugh.

I raised my head to look at her when I heard her name again.

"..but you know what strange thing is no one went to see him in jail, not his family, not his childhood friend, or should I say his brother, Nick, except his lawyer."