17. A date with him

Preeti's point of view

I took a long shower after the cockroach incident. I still can fell his creepy slippery legs on my neck and hand. Cockroaches creeps me out since my childhood. They are the reason I don't eat rajma curry. No offense of rajma curry but they are look like a cockroaches. No one knows about that and I am not planning to tell anyone. Anshul love rajma and if he will know the reason behind my hateness of rajma curry he makes me eat to it stubbornly.

I went to downstairs for the presentation of dinner but as soon as I entered the hall mummy rushed to me with a list on her hand.

"Preeti...beta..Will you Please go to the market. Your chachi (Aunty) called me and asked me to buy these things. I could ask Anshul but he went to his friend's house and don't know when he will come." She said while handing me the list.

My chachi and tayi are living in our village which was a forty minute drive from here. Every year we celebrates Diwali in our village. It's kind of a family ritual in our family. So this way we all cousins, aunt and uncle could meet and have a family dinner together at least at once in a year.

I took the list from mummy's hand and take a look of it. There are things which we need for a Diwali puja, few things for decorations and most important the silver coin of goddess laxmi for dhanteras puja.

"But mummy we can buy them in morning. It's already dark outside. How could I get to market now and what about the dinner." I asked looking at mummy.

"Don't worry about the dinner I will cook it. Keerti will help me. Your papa will be going to village tomorrow early in the morning due to some work in fields. So you need to buy them now." Mummy said.

"..and how will I go to market?" I asked while looking at the list again.

"Don't worry about that. I already asked Siddharth and he is ready to accompany you to market." My head spun to mummy as soon as she gave me the information.

I and Siddharth alone.

My face turned into red when a thought came into my mind. Mummy is looking at me with her confused eyes. My blush is deepen when I saw Siddharth behind Mummy.

I immediately lowered my gaze and looked down.

"Shall we?" I heard him whispering softly close to me.

I raised my head and looked at him. Mummy is nowhere in my sight. I didn't even hear her walking away.

I am still embarrassing about the evening incident. It was just a cockroach and I made myself embarrassed in front of our whole family.

I looked at him and he has a soft grin on his face like he was thinking something in his mind and it gave a pleasure to him. He is looking at me still waiting for my reply.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and nodded my head.

When we reached to his car he opened the passenger door and hold it open for me.

I like his small gesture for me in which he makes me feel special.

I hopped inside the car and he closed the door behind me.

He walked around the car and hopped inside the car on driving seat.
This is the first time when I am in his car sitting beside him on the passenger door. For next few hours we both will going to be alone. This alone thought gave a chill to my spine and my stomach churned in new feelings.

........................................................................

We went to market and bought all thing which was on the the list. Market is crowded as comparison to other days. This is expected because it's festive season and market is full of new lighting chandeliers, fairy lights, plastic garlands, candles, rangoli colours.