Chapter 13

Thank you _chrissy_g so much for voting for every single chapter! Really means a lot to me! <3

Riley's POV

"Riley, wake up." Calum shook me.

"Go away." I groaned in my disgusting morning voice and rolled onto my other side, feeling somewhat bad for ignoring him.

"Riley, it's three. Three in the afternoon! Get up, please. We have something important to tell you." His voice came out as soft and gentle, but there was worry behind it. Then a noise came out of my mouth, something that shouldn't be considered humanly possible, but I was just trying to say go away and really get my point across. "You gonna sleep all day?"

"Fuck off."

He sighed, leaving and closing the door behind him. A smile crept onto my face at the thought that I had won. I was about to fall back asleep due to the fact of me being indescribably tired all the time, but two strong arms slipped under me and started carrying me. I didn't really care, since they had something important to tell me and that was probably going to happen on the couch and I could still sleep there. But suddenly I heard a huge splash and felt water swallow me.

Realization had hit me - someone had thrown me into the deep end pool and that someone is going to die. Or get smacked in the head, either one's fine.

If I didn't drown, that is.

All air seemed to be sucked out of me. I could no longer control my arm or leg movements, all I could do is hope that they figured out that I didn't know how to swim.

"Die bitch."

More splashes were heard around me, as if someone jumped into the pool to help me.

"Nobody cares, this is what you've wanted for years, remember? An easy way out, well here it is all you ha-

I was pulled out of the water, and set across the cold concrete floor. I tried to move, but I found myself unable to. Somebody placed their hands on my chest, and how I desperately wanted to get them off me, and started to give me CPR. Just as I sort of got used to it, whoever it was placed their mouth to mine. My mind was racing with thoughts, but I was paying more attention to the feelings and butterflies exploding in my stomach. Who was this?

I coughed some water up, leaning over to get the chlorine out of my system. A heavy sigh, of either disappointment or relief left my mouth. Someone, probably the one who administered CPR to me slipped their arms around me and started to carry me inside. My eyes were slowly opening and the feeling in my stomach wasn't going anywhere. I opened my eyes fully to see that Ashton is the one carrying me and he is dribbling with water. That means...

"Ashton, my parents are going to kill me." I whispered to him as we laid in his bed, me facing his chest, him gently rubbing circles on my back, as if he was reminding me that he was still there, reminding me that I'm not alone and I have someone to talk to.

"Why don't you just call me Ash? Everyone else does." He questioned, trying to pretend that he didn't hear what I said, as if we ignored it long enough it would go away.

"I don't know, it just sounds weird to me." I shrugged.

He let out his adorable Australian countryman giggle and engulfed me even more, if that was possible.

"We could run away, you know. Just disappear, go somewhere only we know, somewhere nobody will ever find us." He randomly spoke up after a long period of silence.

"That would be amazing. Let's do it." I thought about it, but since there was a zero percent chance of that happening my second sentence came out sarcastic as fuck.

"Let's do it then." He looked into my eyes, excitement written all over his face.

"Ashton, are you being serious?" I actually thought he was kidding, just doing it for the shits and giggles, but turns out he's dead serious.

"Yeah." He giggled.

"You're crazy." I shook my head.

"You agreed to it!" He argued, sounding like a little child.

"It's called sarcasm, my dear friend." I blooped his nose, but something came to my attention. When I called him my friend his face fell.

Did he not consider me his friend? What did I do wrong? Goddamn it, I knew I overstayed my welcome.

"I was hoping we could actually be more than friends..." He mumbled.

"What?" Did he just say what I think he said? No, he couldn't have.

"Nothing, never mind. It's stupid."

"No, tell me." I was eager to know what he said, I needed to know I wasn't even more crazy.

"I don't know, I just kinda see you more then a friend."

"A best friend?" I teased.

"Not quite that." He smiled.

"Wait, I've got it. A mega best friend?" I got fake-excited and started cheering. A smile crept onto his face.

"Perhaps a girlfriend." A tiny blush rose to his cheeks, I however was left completely astounded. I knew that he was going to say that, but I just can't picture anyone wanting to have that social status with me. It kind of just sounds different when the person beside you says it. "I know you're scared, I can see it in your eyes, but just give me a chance. I promise I won't waste your time. I like you, Riley. I just can't hide my feelings anymore." He tugged a loose strand of hair behind my ear and looked me in the eyes with a pleading look. "Please?"

After thinking about it for roughly two seconds and finding a million horrible outcomes I finally managed to say "Okay." The excitement from earlier was smacked back into his face when not even a second passed by.

"I swear I'll be the best boyfriend ever! I'll like open your doors and take you on the amazingest dates ever and-"

"Ashton, calm down." I laughed. "Also amazingest is not a word, but okay."

He didn't pay attention to me correcting his mistake, but he did hug me strongly, a warm feeling forming in the pit of my stomach which made even more butterflies erupt in my stomach, to which I gladly returned after a few seconds of being awkward and not knowing what to do.

"Thank you for trusting me with your feelings, your heart. I know you don't give many people the opportunity to see you in the state you are now - happy and relaxed, but I'm grateful you let me have the chance. I promise I won't hurt you, okay? I can tell you've had enough of that." He said whilst still hugging me.

"No, thank you." I told him. "For not being capable of hurting someone."