7 ~ Sand

You sat on jins shoulder while the seven males walked towards the large forest, as you got closer yoongi sighed while taehyung seemed to be shaking in fear

"I hate this stupid forest" taehyung spoke while jungkook quickly yelled "it's fine, there is nothing to be scared off"

"are you kidding me jungkook, what about the stupid souls that come out at night" jimin retorted and you instantly regretted everything. You really should have stayed at home, then maybe you would not have to face whatever 'souls' would come out at night.

You felt jin reach up as he gently grabbed you from his shoulder and he put you in his hands, he had his hands gently cupping so you felt more warm and safe.

"stop it, you are scaring y/n" jin scolded and you felt grateful he was attempting to bring some sort of comfort to you. 

"well our magic isn't working for some reason so we will just have to go through" namjoon said and hoseok was shaking in fear just like taehyung "I've never had to go through the forest, I really hate the thought of seeing the souls inside. I heard that they try to attack people sometimes. I also heard that the souls feed off of peoples emotions"

Alright, now you definitely did not feel safe. Apparently your were going to get attacked for just having emotions

"suck it up hoseok, now lets go" yoongi was the one who took the lead and everyone reluctantly followed into the forest. Well yoongi seemed pretty emotionless sometimes, maybe he would be alright.

You almost had a heart attack as soon as the group stepped into the forest. It looked like any other forest from the outside but as soon as jin took a step inside there was...

Darkness

The day time suddenly turned to night and you gasped in surprise seeing that the once bright sunny sky had been replaced by a dark night sky, magic worlds really were something else. 

Taehyung looked shocked as he spoke "this is crazy, I never knew the inside of the forest looked like this"

The forest floor had glowing light blue trees growing out of the ground and the grass was replaced with something that was like a red colored sand. You all walked further into the forest not wanting to waste time and jin spoke "are you okay y/n"

You replied back quickly "yeah I'm alright, it's just crazy how beautiful this place is" you truly were taken aback by the scenery. The bright red sand seemed to sparkle lightly as you all walked in the forest and the night sky complemented the glowing blue trees perfectly. 

"you know I heard terrible stories about this forest" taehyung said and jimin clung onto taehyungs arm tightly "stop it tae you're scaring me" jimin whined out.

"I actually have to admit I heard some stories as well" namjoon spoke

"I did to. Apparently the scenery changes in the forest, we can clearly tell that is true already" yoongi said referring to how the day time had suddenly faded when you all walked into the forest and the grass was replaced with bright red sand. 

"apparently the everlasting trees roots grow underneath this forest, that's why the forest is infused with so much magic and the souls are apparently magic beings that look over the forest and protect it. Apparently they test people who walk in the forest too, that's why everyone just teleports instead of walking through" hoseok said

"s-so something is going to come out and try to test us and attack us because we have emotions" you asked in fear. Suddenly the bright red sand and night sky weren't so inviting and beautiful. It was more terrifying as your eyes darted around looking for anything that would attempt to attack you

You clung to jins pinky trying to find some sort of comfort while jin spoke "it's fine y/n, I'm sure those are just rumors to keep kids from wandering into the forest"

You simply nodded your head but clung to jins finger still

"well I don't know about you guys but I kind of like being here. I mean with our jobs we hardly got to do anything fun. Especially before we got put into team one" namjoon sighed and the others agreed. 

You were curious about namjoons words "what do you mean, were you guys not always a group" you asked remembering namjoon had stated they were the first research group. 

"no, we weren't. We all had different roles and jobs before. When the tree started rotting was when the research teams were formed" yoongi explained

"I really hated my job before" taehyung mumbled out. 

"m-me too" jimin said he was clearly still shaky from fear and you had to admit you were still a little nervous about being in the forest. But as you all walked together you realized you were scared for nothing. It seemed like nothing was going to attack you. 

Jin seemed to have a huge frown on his face and you wondered what his job before was like. You were about to ask why he looked so upset but as you opened your mouth jin stumbled slightly and you quickly clung to jins finger so you didn't fall off his hand

"you okay y/n, sorry about that I tripped on something" jin said with a soft voice. Jin brought his hand up to his face making sure you were okay and jungkook screamed

"be more careful with y/n jin, a drop from your hand and she could be flattened in the sand" 

"relax kookie, I'm fine" you chuckled out and suddenly the mood brightened and moved away from the topic of the boys past. You still wanted to know more about them but you assumed they would tell you when they were ready. 

As you smiled happily you frowned just as quickly when suddenly you looked down in shock while jin screamed. The red sand was swallowing his feet. The others noticed and quickly rushed over but as they tried to move the sand was too fast and jin was sinking.

In what felt like seconds jin quickly brought his hand to his chest as he closed it to protect you from the red sand and all you could see was black. Then you heard the boys screams fade away as you were swallowed by the bright red sand along with jin.