XVIII

Two Years Later...
Rey's POV:

"What are you thinking about?" Ben asked me softly, as I stood in the doorway do our home. I stared at the beautiful sunset ahead of me, gazing at its natural beauty.

"How I got this lucky" I admitted, looking over my shoulder to see him standing right behind me. I smiled and looked back out at the suns, Luke did say Tatooine's sunsets were the best.

"We're both lucky" he said happily, I just nodded my head and sighed at the orange sky ahead of us. My heart beat a lovely song as I stared at the suns, I did this every night, making sure I could dwell on the galaxy's beauty, making sure it was real.

Ben reached forward and grabbed my hand, I smiled curiously as he pulled me through the doorway and out in to the hot sun of the afternoon. I giggled as he led me toward an open piece of land, away from our home and just out in the open. I laughed as he stopped in the middle of nowhere and pointed toward the suns, I gazed at the stars and smiled.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously, glancing back toward him. He just laughed and shook his head, "I have a gift for you" he said softly, I pushed out my lower lip and smiled happily at him.

"You didn't have to do that" I said softly, he just smiled but shook his head.

"This I had to do" he said proudly, "look at the sunset" he instructed softly, I nodded my head and stared at the suns. The yellow color of the smaller star bounced off the orange color of the larger sun, the two together look magnificent on the sandy plains of this planet. I waited patiently as Ben turned his back to me and fiddled with something in his hands.

Anxiousness filled my chest as I wanted to know what he had, although I never liked gifts, anything from him was worth my while. I swayed back and forth with the light wind that blew across my chest and arms. I'd resorted to wearing my old scavenger garbs, the sand colored fabric covering most of my tan skin. Except tonight, I'd done away with the arm wraps, leaving miles of my arms exposed to the warm sun.

"Close your eyes" Ben instructed, I furrowed my brow and giggled at his request.

"What is going on?" I asked playfully, he just chuckled and asked once more, "please just...close your eyes"

"Alright" I said, faking an annoyed tone, he chuckled at me and I heard him shuffling around as I faved forward once more with nothing but darkness in my vision.

I heard him take a long, exasperated breath before clearing his throat. "Ok, you can open them now" he said nervously, I hesitated to open my eyes by how nervous he sounded. But my heart took over and I opened my eyes slowly. I furrowed my brow as I saw him in front of me, kneeling on one knee.

"What's this?" I asked, giggling through my words. Ben just stared at me with soft eyes and took a deep breath. I watched as he reached behind him and pulled out a small, woven box from under his shirt. My heart immediately started to beat a million miles a minute as I knew what he was doing.

Tears stung my eyes as i stared down at him with nothing but shock. He cleared his throat and raised his eyes to meet mine, they looked full of admiration and love for me. I just stood there speechless as he began to speak.

"I know this is sudden but I think I'm ready to give you everything I have left" he said softly, I choked on my breath and stared at him with soft eyes. "I don't know what else to say...other then...I don't want to be anywhere else other then with you" he said calmly, a tear rolled down my face and I smiled softly at him.

"Rey, will you marry me?" He asked slowly, he opened the woven box to reveal inside a small, golden band. I stared at him while my heart was screaming at me to say yes. I nodded my head and smiled widely at him.

"Yes" i said softly, Ben smiled and let out a breath of relief before he gently took my left hand placed the golden ring on my fourth finger. I was still shocked by the whole ordeal that I almost forgot to breathe, Ben rose from
his kneel and stood confidently in front of me. I leapt at him and wrapped my arms around his chest, burying my face within his dark shirt. He replied by wrapping his own arms around me and holding me close as tears of joy streamed down my face.

"I love you" I said softly, he chuckled and nodded his head, "I love you too" he said softly in return. I pushed him back from the hug and smiled at him, I placed my hands under his jaw and pulled his face toward mine. Our lips collided in a moment of pure happiness and love. His hand rested on the back of my waist as he leaned over me and kissed me in return. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of pure passion. He broke the kiss and smiled at me, his smile no longer foreign to me. I smiled in return and placed a small and quick kiss on lips once again. He slowly turned toward the bright and magnificent sunset next to us, I looked with him. The orange and yellow light casting a warm glow on his pale skin, his dark hair waved around his carved face and just stared at the suns.

I thought back to the battle on Pantora, and how my last words were meant to be that I was a Solo. I looked up at Ben and admired his face, now, I didn't have to dream about that anymore.

Now I was Ben's, I was a part of his family and I loved every second of it. I looked back at the sunset and felt peace and purpose fill my soul.

My name is Rey Solo, and my destiny was never to rule the galaxy or join the dark side. My destiny was to live out the rest of my life with the man I love. Forever in the light of the force, and forever in gratitude of the Skywalker bloodline.

I suddenly sensed even more warmth coming from behind me, I furrowed my brow and looked toward the feeling, Ben as well. We both gazed at the deserts never ending vastness and watched as two apparitions appeared before us in the orange light. I choked on my breath and felt Ben begin to tremble, I reached up and grabbed his hand. We watched as Luke and Leia presented themselves from the force, the two strongest twins in the galaxy now stood before Ben and I.

I felt a tear roll from my face as Leia smiled softly at us both and nodded her head. She wore a white gown with a hood draped over her lovely face, along her side was like wearing white robes and holding his sisters hand. He smirked at me and I couldn't help but feel another tear roll down my cheek in complete admiration for them

"Thank you" I said sincerely, Leia smiled and looked her brother. Luke gave us a slow nod and gazed back at his sister.

"May the force be with you" Luke said proudly, the words hit Ben and I in the heart, the words resting my mind forever. I smiled and leaned my head back on Ben, who squeezed my hand and stared at his mother.

Leia looked directly at her son, a warm smile of pride growing in her face, "always" she finished.

They both raised a hand in goodbye before their apparitions disappeared before our very eyes, I turned around to face Ben and saw a tear rolling down his cheek. I smiled and wiped the tear from his face, I kept my hand on his cheek and stared at him with soft eyes. He stared at me with understanding eyes, we both turned to face the sunset and he held me in his arms.

"Always" he repeated to the suns, I smiled at the binary sunset and nodded my head in agreement.

"Always"