IX

I stood in front of the mirror, the sight of my body shaped by a gown seeming wrong and unlike me. Once this festival was over, I'd rip this gown off and return to my old garbs.

I fiddled with the long sleeve that covered my arms, that bodice of the gown was tight and a tiny bit constricting to my breath. I walked over to the simple vanity sitting in the corner of the empty room. I quickly sat down on the small stool and stared at my face, I never liked my reflection, nor have I ever cared about my appearance but now I did. I ran a long and prickly brush through my long hair and felt the tangled of the day slowly begin to release themselves as I anxiously readied myself.

The neckline of the gown was slightly revealing, a small "V" cut in to the straight line across my chest, a ways away from my collarbone. I knew I'd have a cloak covering my body while the light snow falling from the sky would hit the ground by me feet, but the idea of having my body exposed like this was...strangely invigorating yet seemed unjustifiable by words other than...I want to.

My face looked alive yet drained, something about this place felt draining and tiring all of a sudden. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head vigorously, small amounts of energy filling my mind and blood.

"Rey" a quiet voice called, the voice was so quiet...I almost couldn't hear it's call.

Ben's POV:

"How is that possible?" I asked desperately, Luke just stared at me with me a look of saddened truth as I felt my whole body shake with undeniable pain filling my body for Rey.

"She'll fall apart of she learns this" I said sadly, the truth of Rey's past was horrifying. She was too good to be related to such a monster.

"The planet she's on is inhabited by his followers, disciples...they're fooling her to make her feel safe within their city" Luke explained, taking a quick drink of his water. I stood up rapidly and paced around the small Hutt, my cup of water still in my hand. "Ben, you must calm yourself, I sense disturbance-" Luke started to say, but anger took over.

I threw the cup at the wall, water splattering across the room and the clay cup shattering against the stone wall. Luke jumped in fear and his eyes stared to me as I felt my blood boil with rage.

"How can you tell me to be calm?!" I screamed, taking my fingers through my hair and breathing rapidly, "she is in danger! She is the one person I don't feel alone in this hopeless galaxy anymore and now you're telling me that she is in trouble?! I cannot calm down!" I cried, I felt tears sting my eyes as realization washed over me and I knew that the truth Rey longed for would destroy her.

I stared at Luke as his eyes widened and he looked out of the Hutt and toward a large mountain in the center of the island. I furrowed my brow as Luke smirked and a single tear fell from his eye. He stood up from his seat and walked over to me, placing both his hands on my shoulders and smiling sadly.

"Go outside...someone wants to speak with you" he instructed, he sounded breathless and almost shocked. I just stomped toward the exit of the Hutt and threw the curtain back, annoyed of Luke's ill timed visions.

I walked outside and stopped dead in my tracks, my heart felt something all too familiar. I looked ahead of me and choked on my breath, my eyes could barely contain my tears and they sat on the brim of my eyes, begging to fall...I wouldn't let them.

"Hey kid" he spoke.

"What do you want?" I spit, repulsed to see this man I once stood before in conflicted and I now stood before him...helpless and desperate and full of regret.

"I want you to come home" he said softly, walking toward me with that smirk I always remembered. My whole body shook as he grew closer and closer, I feared what came next. "I know you want to too" he said sternly, I just shook my head and felt the tears screaming to fall.

"I can't...I don't have a home" I said sadly, the truth becoming clearer. "There is no place in this whole galax-" I started to say, but he shook his head and smirked happily.

"Ben" he interrupted, I stopped my words and stared at him with wide eyes. "Sometimes home isn't a somewhere...it's a someone" he said happily, I just stared at him and felt my heart skip a beat at how true his words were. I reached up to my waistband and grabbed the hilt of my lightsaber, the handle feeling wrong in my hands. I unhooked the weapon and held it in my hand, glancing at the saber and feeling darkness surround it.

"I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it" I said truthfully, the words sounding too familiar.

"Yes you do" he said confidently, he stepped toward me and raised his aged hand up to my face and placed it on my cheek. The feeling no longer feeling cold and saddening...it felt warm and welcoming. The tears rolled down my face as I stared in to his eyes.

"Dad..." I cried weakly, choking on my breath before I could finish what I wanted to say. I wanted to say I was sorry, I wanted to cry out in despair how sorry I was. I wanted to wrap my arms around my father and tell him how much I loved him.

"I know" he replied, the tears rolled down my face like a waterfall. It had been so long since I'd felt tears...I didn't know what to do. I gripped the lightsaber in my hand and whipped around. I threw the lightsaber out of my grasp and far out in to the deadly waves below the island. I watched my past fell with the lightsaber, I couldn't feel conflict anymore.

I felt resolve.

I turned around, hoping to see my father standing there, proud of what I'd done. But he was gone, I caught my breath as much as I could as I turned back toward the hurt and saw Luke standing in the doorway.

Then, like a knife in my heart...something felt wrong. I felt my knees begin to shake as the universe was screaming at me to pay attention to its call.

Rey.

"I have to save her" I said sternly, Luke just smiled and nodded his head. He knew that I sensed something, something had happened to her.

"Go, take this and go home, I'll be with you the whole time" Luke said happily, handing me a object wrapped in blue fabric. I let out an exasperated breath and sprinted from the Hutt and toward my ship. I felt the wind in my ears and my heart pound in my head. I stopped right before the shirt and turned to see Luke standing atop a close hill, watching me with sad eyes.

"I forgive you...Master" I said sincerely, his eyes dwindled around me for a moment, "I hope you can forgive me" I said softly, he just nodded and smiled gratefully.

"I always have...and always will" he said proudly, "may the force be with you, Ben Solo" Luke said confidently, I smiled at my former Master and climbed inside my ship, jumping to the cockpit and turning in the aircraft.

I will find my home.

I have to find Rey.